Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3  (Read 70803 times)

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2006, 01:23:25 PM »
I think everyone has that "problem" with the available recording time. I think either way (s/pdif or trs) you should be able to get 9 hours at 16/44.1 even if the available recording time screen says 4 hours. When you are recording, does it say 3 hours? That should be the right time for 16/44.1 (3 hours @ 16/44.1 = 2 GB).

Ok I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an isolated problem (sorry... i try to keep up on all the quirks but I miss a few).

So the time remaining on the recording screen is the time remaining for that file and if you start a new file, that counter will reset?

Offline gl0bber

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2006, 02:47:20 PM »
The zero-byte corrupted WAV, full card bug on 1GB CF seems to have been fixed as well.   ;D  This alone makes it much more useful for me.  As for the 2GB split, all they did was automate the process of flushing the buffers, then close the file, and then open a new one, all in sequence.  Before that one had to do it manually, which took longer.  So that is convenient too.  But please don't expect too much from the Portal Player platform.  As I mentioned before, I seriously doubt the CPU has nearly enough power to seamlessly flush the buffers, close the file, open a new file, and write to the new buffer all at the same time...  Also, the playback meters are still useless, so maybe they should be deleted. not so bad now.

But this is great news nonetheless.

Now I'm off to see if they fixed the dodgy battery charging software yet.

Edit:  Typo fixed, etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 03:15:45 PM by gl0bber »

Offline alienbobz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2006, 03:07:12 PM »
I think everyone has that "problem" with the available recording time. I think either way (s/pdif or trs) you should be able to get 9 hours at 16/44.1 even if the available recording time screen says 4 hours. When you are recording, does it say 3 hours? That should be the right time for 16/44.1 (3 hours @ 16/44.1 = 2 GB).

Ok I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an isolated problem (sorry... i try to keep up on all the quirks but I miss a few).

So the time remaining on the recording screen is the time remaining for that file and if you start a new file, that counter will reset?

Yeah the time is for that one file. If you stop the recording and start a new one, the time should reset itself. Either it will be another 2GB or if will be the space left (if you have less than 2GB left on your card, it will show the time remaining for the bit/sample rate you are using).

Edit: Did you use the new firmware last night? How did it go? I plan on using it on Thursday.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 03:09:24 PM by alienbobz »
-Out of the game for a bit, probably forever-

Audio Setup:
Apogee Mini-MP
Zoom H6

Video Setup:
Canon Vixia HF G20
Rode NTG-2
Azden SGM-1X

Misc:
Behringer C-2s, Marshall MXL 1006BPs, Naiant MSH-1s

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2006, 03:49:07 PM »
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this problem I'm having with the MT? Maybe it's not a problem at all but it's certainly "an issue".

When I record via S/PDIF the MT sets the sample rate to auto which I understand because the ADC should supply the sample rate and the MT will use whatever it gets.  My problem is that the MT seems to always assume that the ADC will send it 96kHz so my estimated recording time is always very short.  I use a 6GB Hitachi microdrive and when recording at 16/44.1kHz via S/PDIF, I only get about four hours of recording time.  If I switch to the 1/4" TRS inputs it will give me nine hours of recording time.

What is going on?

I have had this problem.  When you format the media, the microtracker sets the available time to the bit depth and sample rate in your settings when the input source is analog.  To get it to calculate correctly, change your input to one of the analog inputs, then set the bit depth and sample rate to what you will be receiving digitally, then reformat the card, then set the input back to SPDIF.

Offline alienbobz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2006, 04:07:33 PM »
No clue what it means. I have the same problem too with 24/48 files. I usually just press "No" and track out my wav. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
-Out of the game for a bit, probably forever-

Audio Setup:
Apogee Mini-MP
Zoom H6

Video Setup:
Canon Vixia HF G20
Rode NTG-2
Azden SGM-1X

Misc:
Behringer C-2s, Marshall MXL 1006BPs, Naiant MSH-1s

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2006, 04:09:23 PM »
This has happened since the MT came out.  The header is correct, just some zeros or garbage after the end of the data. 
Trust the header.

I don't know if this is necessarily a microTrack issue, but I've gotten it with both 1.2.3 and 1.3.3 firmwares. 

when I try to open a 24/48 wav file with cd wave I get this warning message:

File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size? (Yes to override header, No to trust header, Cancel to abort)

What the hell does this mean?
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline svenkid

• Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2006, 04:22:40 PM »
I don't know if this is necessarily a microTrack issue, but I've gotten it with both 1.2.3 and 1.3.3 firmwares. 

File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size? (Yes to override header, No to trust header, Cancel to abort)

I got this on my last recording, and Im still running the first firmware update
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2006, 04:30:28 PM »
as others have mentioned, the auto-split featute doesn't really meet our needs.  it only took 5-9 seconds to stop a file and start a new one anyway, so nothing has changed.  myself, I'm never going to let it autosplit, because it might happen during a song.  I'm going to continue to do it manually, so that I know the split will happen between songs.  I guess it's a step in the right direction, but it really does need to be seamless...

no doubt, they fix that seamless split and i might be tempted to buy one :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2006, 04:46:36 PM »

Yeah the time is for that one file. If you stop the recording and start a new one, the time should reset itself. Either it will be another 2GB or if will be the space left (if you have less than 2GB left on your card, it will show the time remaining for the bit/sample rate you are using).

Edit: Did you use the new firmware last night? How did it go? I plan on using it on Thursday.

I did use the new firmware and it worked great.  Didn't run at 24/48 like I wanted to just because I didn't want to fuck up and miss some of the headliner's set.

Roving Sign

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2006, 06:44:37 PM »
This has happened since the MT came out.  The header is correct, just some zeros or garbage after the end of the data. 
Trust the header.

FWIW - the JB3 files do the same thing in CDWave...dont think its the MT - something in CDWave

Offline mwz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=53348.0

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »
FWIW - the JB3 files do the same thing in CDWave...dont think its the MT - something in CDWave
Guess I am lucky... never had this with either the JB3 or the Microtrack... Hoping I did not just jinx myself.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
Guess I am lucky... never had this with either the JB3 or the Microtrack... Hoping I did not just jinx myself.

I hadn't had that error either. Until just now.  I think if you just transfer a file straight from the MT to CD Wave without editing it in a separate app (like Audacity or Wavelab) then it will throw this error at you.  That's my theory at least.

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2006, 10:27:25 PM »

I hadn't had that error either. Until just now.  I think if you just transfer a file straight from the MT to CD Wave without editing it in a separate app (like Audacity or Wavelab) then it will throw this error at you.  That's my theory at least.

That could be.... I always transfer then open in Audition or whatever else to do levels,etc before splitting.  Think you hit the nail on the head.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »

That could be.... I always transfer then open in Audition or whatever else to do levels,etc before splitting.  Think you hit the nail on the head.
I coule be wrong, but when I try renaming a file that I transferred direct from the Mictotrack, without opening any other processing software, I get a 'read-only' message.  When I transfer, open with an application, then rename, there are no issues.  Either way, it's a simple workaround.
Socks are overrated.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.628 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com