Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110314 times)

Offline soundpro

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Edirol R-09 release information
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:50:22 AM »
Hi everybody:

I spoke with our Roland rep today (3-23-06) and he tells me that they are going to ship the first (small) batch of R-09's out to the dealers on Thursday or Friday of this week. We had our first shipment sent overnight to us so that we can get them out to our customers as fast as possible. If all goes as planned, they should arrive at our dock and be headed out to our customers on Friday or Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). All orders will be filled in the order that they were received.

We don't know yet how many we will get.....hoping for 30 or more, but we just don't know yet. The balance (we have 100 on order) will come in a few weeks later.

Thought you all would like to know the latest.

PS - according to our Roland rep, he claims that he and his fellow reps in the Roland home office got a chance to listen to a preview model. It was the general feeling that the R-09 "sounded much better" than the R-1 (for what it's worth - his words). I hope he's right!

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals, Inc.
www.soundprofessionals.com
800-213-3021

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:50:20 AM »
Hey Chris,
   Thanks for the update.

Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline twoheadedboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Catching signals that sound in the dark....
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:04:35 AM »
My question is why they couldn't make it 24/96 (or even 24/192) and use CF instead of SD. I would pay $200 more to have that added to this model. I know they have to release this first to get people to buy this and then release what I'm describing later and make more money, but it just seems like it's 2006 and we don't have the ideal recorder yet, and yet there's no (good) reason that we don't.

Offline olyrc

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I dig music.
    • My tapes on archive.org
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:13:25 AM »
I don't know.  With the MT2496 issues some people have had, I'm willing to give this thing a shot.  I end up putting all my stuff on CD anyway though, so the 24/48 limit doesn't bother me.  I have a little more confidence in Edirol than I do in M-Audio right now.  I never really had problems using the R-1 and I'm betting the R-09 will work well out of the box (unlike the MT2496).

Anyway, just my $0.02.

(I should say though that my MT2496 hasn't given me any problems with my tapes)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:09:28 PM by olyrc »
Sonic Studios DSM-6S/L > PA-24 > TASCAM DR-07

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 08:10:11 AM »
I hope this device works out, if its stable, I'll be jumping on one in the early fall.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline pgoelz

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
On the R1 yahoogroup list (edirolr1), we have someone from Holland who just got an R9 a couple days ago.  His initial impression was very favorable and he too commented that it just "sounded better".  He posted a short recording of himself reading and talking to his small son and to my ears it sounded very clean and quiet, especially for softly spoken words.  He also commented that the MP3 gain structure was better for spoken word.  But so far no A/B comparisons. 

I have an R1 which I have been very happy with and have an R9 on order with an expected arrival date of some time next week.  At that point I'll try to do some A/B comparisons recording the same source on both machines. 

Paul
Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
Music, model helis and astronomy website:
www.pgoelz.com

Offline soundpro

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 03:14:25 PM »
The latest as of Thursday, 5-25-06 3:15 PM EST

Roland says they are shipping the R-09 today, and we will have them on Friday. We will be sending out notifications to the people that are in the first batch (30 units as hoped) that theirs will be on the way to them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals
800-213-3021

Offline soundpro

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »
Hello again....more details:

For our customers: Those whose order numbers fall between MAS78293 and MAS79552 will be shipping tomorrow, Friday May 26, 2006.

Thanks!

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals
800-213-3021

Offline cascademedia

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 08:25:16 PM »
Roland has notified us that our order has shipped and we should see our stock early next week.

- Frank

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

For our customers: Those whose order numbers fall between MAS78293 and MAS79552 will be shipping tomorrow, Friday May 26, 2006.

;D Very cool. I thought I'd be in the next lot so this is a nice surprise.

Offline soundpro

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »
Woo Hoo! They are here......

First glance.....looks pretty nice....but be REALLY careful when opening the door. It's a little odd the way it works....more to come.

Chris Carfagno

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 05:08:38 PM »
cool.
cant wait to hear peoples thoughts on this lil' nugget.

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »
Is it "still" limited to 2GB SD cards or did they implement that? Thanks for all the information :)
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline soundpro

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
Hello again:

At first glance, I gotta say that I think I found my new favorite recorder. Here are some brief observations:

-The menu structure is the easiest I have ever used. I have not even cracked the manual and got through everything easily.
-The unit boots up in 3 seconds and is ready to record! 3 seconds!
-The meters are amazingly fast.....very responsive......puts the MT2496 to shame.
-The screen is small, but very easy to read and easy on the eyes.
-After a quick listen, it seems like the mic preamp is much improved over the R-1......I will check this more carefully this weekend.
-The firmware works.......take note M-Audio

I am doing a time test with 2500mAh batteries this weekend to check battery life. We are going to offer a battery pack to go with it which should triple the battery run time.....more on this later after the test. In the works is a Phantom power module with XLR inputs to mate with this.....stay tuned.

I'll post more later

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 09:55:54 PM »
Hello again:

At first glance, I gotta say that I think I found my new favorite recorder. Here are some brief observations:

-The menu structure is the easiest I have ever used. I have not even cracked the manual and got through everything easily.
-The unit boots up in 3 seconds and is ready to record! 3 seconds!
-The meters are amazingly fast.....very responsive......puts the MT2496 to shame.
-The screen is small, but very easy to read and easy on the eyes.
-After a quick listen, it seems like the mic preamp is much improved over the R-1......I will check this more carefully this weekend.
-The firmware works.......take note M-Audio

I am doing a time test with 2500mAh batteries this weekend to check battery life. We are going to offer a battery pack to go with it which should triple the battery run time.....more on this later after the test. In the works is a Phantom power module with XLR inputs to mate with this.....stay tuned.

I'll post more later

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

Thanks Chris!

Are you going to take it apart?  I'd love to know what opamps are used for mic pres and for ADC line drivers.  That, and what internal voltage is used.

It is sure sounding good,  though!

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com