Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Neumann KM 100 questions.  (Read 2781 times)

Offline GIACOMO-_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Neumann KM 100 questions.
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
Hello to averyone,
I would want to acquire two KM143 (wide card) and more KM140. I have found many KM140 for sale, bought in 1991. This mics have the same electronics of KM100 sold today in 2011 ? (2012)

I want buy KM143 new (KM100 + AK43) and thik to purchase some KM141 used. A mic of 1991 is a risk ? It must be checked in a Neumann laboratory ? Capsules are not matched, some body (KM100) has consequentials numbers. I can use new KM143 near an 1991's KM143 or this mic have different electronic ? For a matching pair body is important or I can checked only the capsules ?

This important for me, this mic are my first important Neumann purchase, for my professional activity. I love 143 but the idea of buy some KM141 at half price is very intersting for me, for extendend my microphones collections.

Happy new year !

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: Neumann KM 100 questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
I see you have also asked this question in the Neumann Forum and have received the best reply direct from the horse's mouth.

Offline GIACOMO-_

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »
Yes, thank you John.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
I see you have also asked this question in the Neumann Forum and have received the best reply direct from the horse's mouth.
Cool! There's a Neumann forum?! http://www.neumann.com/forums/index.php?bn=&site=neumann

So, what might that answer be?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:45 AM »
Cool! There's a Neumann forum?! http://www.neumann.com/forums/index.php?bn=&site=neumann

So, what might that answer be?

Well, you linked to the Neumann forum, so all you have to do is to look.  ::)

Neumann said:-

Hello Giacomo,

if the microphones were not mechanically damaged, they should still work fine. Electronics today and 1991 are not 100% identical, but they can be modified. The old mics might still have an external diameter of 21mm. This was changed to 22mm in the early 1990s, to protect the threads against mechanical damage (falling to the floor...)

Still, I would recommend contacting the seller and Exhibo, our Italian distributor, to have the mics measured acoustically (including a standard electrical check) here in Berlin. Exhibo will be able to tell how much a standard acoustical check costs. Then you'll know how they behave acoustically, and can be sure that they work fine.

Best regards,
Martin Schneider / Neumann Mic. Development 

It's all HERE::)

Offline GIACOMO-_

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 06:30:13 AM »
 :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com