Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Little box and Peluso's  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Tedley

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Little box and Peluso's
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
I have an potential opportunity to get a used stereo set of Peluso CEMC6 mics and caps from a friend with a studio. I only have a Sony M-10 for a recorder so would need phantom power and a preamp to go with it. Anyone have experience with these mics and the littlebox combination? Some mics don't get along well with some preamps, so any advice about this combo would be much appreciated. I would love to spend more, if needed, but like most am having financial challenges at the moment. I would not want to shortchange the potential of these mics were I lucky enough to be able to get them at a good price.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Little box and Peluso's
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:20:10 PM »
I know Ehren on the CO crew runs that exact combo.  He hasn't had any problems with it that I know of and he seems happy with it.  I patched my D50 into his peluso>LB rig at a Mule show recently and it sounded very good to me.

I'd say the LB is a very good fit for what you're looking for.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline Tedley

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:54:33 AM »
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the mics will become available.

Offline ehren

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Of course this is a taper ticket!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
I do run the Peluso>Littlebox combo and I like it very much. I've used the Peluso's with many different pre-amps over the years. The best still, to my ears, was the Apogee Mini-MP by far. Something about the Peluso>mp combo that just sings, but the mini-mp is out of production and is a total pain to run due to the form factor. That said, I'm enjoying my Littlebox tapes and plan to continue running the combo.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com