Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New arrivals! Remote finally here!!  (Read 2117 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
New arrivals! Remote finally here!!
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »
Well, got the 32"  Olevia (by Syntax)  LCD today.  DirectV picture quality isn't too, bad but not great.  The PQ via DVD is pretty darn good though!  I think I may end up at BB later to see if the upconverting Samsung is any better than the piece of crap Sony I'm using in the second system.  I saw HD on it at Comp Usa and it was fantastic and I'm expecting the same.  Picked up a refurd Zenith HD box which is about the best you can get in OTA reception.  To bad the only ones you can find are refurbs.

With the HD box I ordered the HTM MX850 remote.  I'm expecting this thing to kick ass and got a hell of a deal.  For both the HD box and remote I'm out $500!!  Head to AVSforum and search for DTV Tivo Dealer.  This guy owns valueelectronics.com and looks to hook up forum members.  I'm saving about $250 with this guy!!

I'll post pics when the wife brings the camera home.  Also, update you all on the remote.  You program with supplied PC software.  It is also IR/RF so you just need to buy a little box that then transmits the signal to little covers you attach to the IR sensor on the various gear. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 06:01:38 PM by scervin »

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Re: New arrivals
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
I wanna hear more about the remote!  Sounds pretty sweet.....
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 06:37:11 PM »
I;ve been looking at those Olevia's.  Good deals!  Let us know what you think as you see more.

I use an IR/RF learning remote I got at Ratshack for $19 (!!).  It does do basic macros and such, and learns hifi IR codes.  It's decent.  It replaced our awesome Philips Pronto which got washed in the washing machine !   :o

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 08:37:44 AM »
So far so good with the tv.  We wanted to go smaller than the 55" (moving that beast today) and the 32" sems fine.  The PQ is very good out of the box and I will probably tweak it tomorow.  The HD was excellent (even better that MSU beat Duke).  The SD picture isn't as good as a regular tube, but it is watchable. 

The only thing that is lacking is the sound.  The sound is pretty bad.  Even the wife after a few minutes was asking if we could get some speakers to use with it.  In a couple months I'll proably end up getting something cheap. 

sc.

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:19:31 PM »
Darn, I was hoping it had decent sound.  I want one for my home office/den and don't want to hook it to the hifi in there...

Sounds like the picture is quite good, tho.  I am amazed at how good of a deal they are!!

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: New arrivals! Remote finally here!!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 06:06:21 PM »
Hock da Rouse!!  This remote is NICE (MX-850 AEROS) !!  The backlight shows every button and is of such a nice color, not that screaming indiglo green.  You can even adjust the contrast really easy.  The button are nice and tight and for being a larger remote is does not feel realy big.  The BEST part is the PC program!!  It just took me a long 3min to program my entire system!!  3 freakin' minutes!  The screen is pretty bare so it looks like I will have to go out and buy more gear.  I'm thinking about going to get a Graphik Eye or some other IR light control.  Once I get a little more $$$ I will probably get the RF module.  I highly recommend this remote!

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New arrivals! Remote finally here!!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 11:18:13 AM »
i have had a theater master for years now - it is terrific. my audio server has an airboard connected, so it controls the pc, too.. but with rf capablility, you could use the standard logitch wirelss keyboard, too - mine does not have rf...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 8.876 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com