Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Silver IC's in a SS system  (Read 4743 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Silver IC's in a SS system
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 09:56:31 AM »
I don't think I would really consider these "high-end". When I think high end I'm thinking about the  offerings from Purist Audio, Nordost, Transparent, Acoustic Zen, Synergistic, etc.  I'm looking mainly into Some of the more popular DIY cable maker that took it to business.  The ones I'm looking at have compared nicley to some of these hier end guys.  Most I'd probably spend on interconnects is $500.  I just can't wait until we can get SACD and DVD-A over a digital connection.  Firewire is about the best we have, but not everyone has the ability to run it all.  I think Sony is the one preventing an across the board solution.  When this happens I'll be able to get a high end set for 2 channel and not have to worry about the other three pair for my MC.

sc.

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 11:07:20 AM »
Most I'd probably spend on interconnects is $500.

For that much, you could get a couple nice pair of ic's (used) off audiogon. All the ic's in my system are Acoustic Zen, and almost every set I purchased from A'gon have been discounted by almost 50%. For me, it's easier to justify spending $500 on a pair of speaker wire, when you know they would cost $1100, new. :)

Kevin 

PS: I can loan out a pair acoustic zen's if you ever wanted to compare them with straight silver's.

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 12:09:43 PM »
Again purchasing from a'gon is great if you know you will like the cable.  Not run into many with a return policy.  I believe system synergy exists, so just because it is a $1200 cable doesn't mean it will sound good with the stuff I have.  Might take you up on that offer to demo the Acoustic Zen's.

Thanks,
sc

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 03:04:47 AM »
I have some mid-fi interconnects that I'd be happy to loan out to anyone here, some Synergistic Research and some Audio Quest...

feel free to PM me and we can work out some details...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 10:36:49 PM »
i'm back home after 7 days in Oak Brook, IL.  good to be home :)

i have gone through many ICs in my system... AQ, Transparent and few others.  i feel that some of the high end stuff is just ridiculously priced and i really can't afford them.

as far as the MiAGi-II ICs, they are $60 for a 1m set and they sound great to me. hopefully, some of you will feel the same.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com