Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: It wasn't my 3960 it was my old burner  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
It wasn't my 3960 it was my old burner
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:45:21 PM »
my 3960 has performed flawlessly since I got my new computer and burner, looks like the problem was in my old burner as some friends are reporting weird errors on some of the discs I've burned for them....

looks like $60 well spent

also, the Toshiba was in the Stereophile recommended components section in the last issue... pretty cool. I didn't notice the Music Hall 25 in there though :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
Re: It wasn't my 3960 it was my old burner
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 12:48:41 PM »
haha, very nice tim +t

i really need to get me another 4960

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline L Ron Hoover

• "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 04:26:09 PM »
my 3960 has performed flawlessly since I got my new computer and burner, looks like the problem was in my old burner as some friends are reporting weird errors on some of the discs I've burned for them....

also, the Toshiba was in the Stereophile recommended components section in the last issue... pretty cool. I didn't notice the Music Hall 25 in there though :P

I too had problems with play-back of discs that I had burned for people starting last summer. I was able to play the discs on my system just fine, so I wrote it off as being their problem. Well, it wasn't. My burner was on the fritz. Dell must use extremely cheap burners, because I couldn't have burnt more then 500 discs.

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 05:23:08 PM »

Tim, is yours "modded?"
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 05:28:54 PM »
no it's not chuck...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 06:00:09 PM »
DOh!

Nice to hear!   I though my new 4960 was "dropping out"........turns out it's a bad digi coax (Audio Magic no less).

"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Tim

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 06:13:08 PM »
the weird thing is I was having problems with some store bought dvd's and cd's... that seems to have subsided though. I'm not sure what was going with that thing... bizarre, but I'm not complaining.

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 06:18:45 PM »
the weird thing is I was having problems with some store bought dvd's and cd's... that seems to have subsided though. I'm not sure what was going with that thing... bizarre, but I'm not complaining.

mmmmmmm.......redbook cds.  Toshiba has given me a new love of redbook cds.  ;D

"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Chuck

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 06:41:33 PM »

Do you have a link to that article?
Is the 3680 the same player?
This has me intrigued...
Just how good is this thing?

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 09:02:03 PM »

Maybe you don't always get what you pay for.

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »

Maybe you don't always get what you pay for.

apparently not  ;D

+t to getting things fixed
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Chuck

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 10:39:31 AM »
I just won an eBay auction on a Toshiba 3960. $22.50! It's from the Sears Liquidation Center, fingers crossed...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 10:45:01 AM »
I just won an eBay auction on a Toshiba 3960. $22.50! It's from the Sears Liquidation Center, fingers crossed...

nice +t
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Chuck

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 08:46:41 PM »

nice +t

I got it today. I think is sounds great, stock, out of the box.
I may do the capacitor mod, since I use the analog outputs.

Offline Tim

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 09:12:44 PM »
glad you're enjoying it!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com