Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using Recording Gear  (Read 1444 times)

Offline captain88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Using Recording Gear
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:24:24 PM »
Hey, im new to this site and i was sent over by a friend on the Motley Board, and he said that you guys would let me use some exipment to tape a motley show on July 5th in Charlotte,NC and i was wondering how to go about that?? so if someone could help me

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Using Recording Gear
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
Generally, I think TSers are more likely to loan gear to people who've spent some time here.  That said, doesn't hurt to try the Loaner Gear thread.

You might also consider picking up some gear yourself, plenty for sale in the Yard Sale forum.  Start here:  http://taperssection.com/index.php/board,46.0.html
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
I agree with Brian S. that you're probably not gonna have much luck just popping onto this list and getting a response to your request. 

On the other hand, if you live in a bigger city, you might try going to a show that is apt to have tapers in attendance and then strike up a friendship with them.  If you have a particular show in mind that you want recorded, maybe you could offer to buy them a ticket and a couple of beers to show up if they'll record it for you.  I think that if you are honest and truly intend to make good on this offer, many tapers would accept.  Then after there's some trust built, they might let you borrow their gear outright. 

In order to find places where tapers hang out, you should a) familiarize yourself with the venue's in your area that are taper friendly...then go there and look for the stands, or b) check your newspaper for listings of bands coming to your area that are taper friendly and go see those bands and seek out the tapers.  To determine bands that are taper friendly, go to www.archive.org and consult that list of bands that allow taping BTAT.

Don't be shy.  Most tapers are pretty happy to help out a newb...especially if you're truly intent on following up on your offer.  OTOH, if you're 18, have no money and are looking for free handouts, you should DEFINITELY wait until you're serious.  We're a friendly bunch on this list and we like to 'give back', but generally charity is not where we're at.

Hope this helps.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com