Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is it worth moving from Rode SVM to Rode NT4?  (Read 6485 times)

Offline dream

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Is it worth moving from Rode SVM to Rode NT4?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »

Regarding shockmount, I use a slightly tweaked  (you have to make the hole in the rubber mount a little bigger) Rode pistol grip. It works and is not expensive.

Hey, that's a good idea ...! At the moment I use the Rode SM4 with double amount of rubbers ... but that's no real solution as the additional rubbers fall off easily and
the NT4 is still too heavy, the same goes for the Invision 8. The SM4 lacks a cable clamp which counteracts the purpose of a shockmount IMO. Do you use the PG2? Did you use a cutter for carpets or alike?
The NT4 is a great mic but way too heavy.

Ok, that's a follow up for those interested in a working shock mount for the heavy NT4. I got the tip from a dealer to use the grey 30mm Lyres for the Rycote Invision 8 and right he is. The much stiffer material
can handle the weight quite well, unless you're swinging the NT4 around like wild. For me the problem is now solved: Invision 8 with grey Lyres, P/N 042225

zowie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is it worth moving from Rode SVM to Rode NT4?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
I sold my NT4.  I thought it was a really good stuido mic for vocals and guitar but bland furhter back in a live venue.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com