Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 Oade MODS  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Carlos E. Martinez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Tascam HD-P2 Oade MODS
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 10:44:26 AM »
imo - the point of getting the acm mod done (and i have an acm P2) is so that you can run the box as a standalone. basically, if i understand what was done correctly, the preamp stage (the analog stage) has been rebuilt by doug, lowering the noise floor, and likely making the response quicker, and generally improving the signal quality. if you are going to use an external preamp, then you might just want the basic mod which rebuilds the rca line-in stage (not the xlr-in) which is what you would be using with an external preamp. if you have an external preamp AND adc that you are using (like a V3), then you might not need a modification at all, 'cos you would just be using the p2 as a bit bucket...

Thanks, that's what I meant to say with my comments. 

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 02:29:37 PM »
imo - the point of getting the acm mod done (and i have an acm P2) is so that you can run the box as a standalone. basically, if i understand what was done correctly, the preamp stage (the analog stage) has been rebuilt by doug, lowering the noise floor, and likely making the response quicker, and generally improving the signal quality. if you are going to use an external preamp, then you might just want the basic mod which rebuilds the rca line-in stage (not the xlr-in) which is what you would be using with an external preamp. if you have an external preamp AND adc that you are using (like a V3), then you might not need a modification at all, 'cos you would just be using the p2 as a bit bucket...

hth

Exactly macdaddy. The reason I did it was because i wanted the flexibility to use it as a standalone on certain occassions. I use the V3 a good portion of the time which makes the HD-P2 just a bit bucket, but I'd like to leave the V3 behind on some occassions, so the mod allows me this option. Definitely not absolutely needed with a modded deck though.  ;D
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »
Thanks fo rall the info guys! T+'s
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys! T+'s

EDIT cause i cant type.
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 04:04:50 PM »
And that's a prerequisite for anything around hear?    >:D
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
fo rizzle  ;D
Still Missing Woody...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com