Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JPG header repair utility? (0 byte file size)  (Read 13272 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
JPG header repair utility? (0 byte file size)
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
My sister's HDD bombed a little while ago, and she didn't have good backups.  I warned her!  Some of the files recovered by hooking up as a slave and running chkdsk, others did not recover completely.  Some of the ones that did not recover completely display as JPG's with a size of 0 bytes.  I've dealt with 0 byte audio files before and recovered them by using a WAV header repair utility.  Wondering if the same process will work for these JPGs.  So...

Anyone used a JPG header repair utility they like?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
Re: JPG header repair utility? (0 byte file size)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
Photorec?

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »
While not a header repair utility, I had good luck in the past getting some deleted pics off a flash card using DIgital Image Recovery which is no longer available as a stand alone product but if you have access to the original media the pics were on, give it a try as you can use the evaluation version of ZAR software BJ linked to in his post.

Reading your post it sounds like everything was on the hard-drive. If that's the case, try Stellar-Phoenix. Search ts for links to it. It isn't free but you can try it and it'll show you what it can recover. If it can recover the pics, then only you and your sister can decide if it's worth the cost for a full working version.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »
http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

I have had to use this when HDD crashed.  it is REALLY worth the money(mine was a raid failure/hdd crash).  I didnt read fully to see that it was a crash.  you can download this and view the pictures to see if it worked prior to purchasing.  I really can't recommend this enough for a recovery tool.  its simply amazing, and fairly priced.
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com