Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any minidisc diehards?  (Read 4435 times)

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
Any minidisc diehards?
« on: January 29, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
On a distant shelf in a faraway galaxy was....a 74-minute minidisc with a ticket stub tucked in the case: David Bowie's Reality Tour, 2003. All my MD equipment is no more.

Can anyone upload it for me--or even record digitally in realtime from the headphone jack? You're welcome to keep a copy and keep the disc.  PM me.

Offline EmRR

• Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
Re: Any minidisc diehards?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »
I've still got a working portable, but not a unit with a digital output, which would be the best option.  Hopefully someone else here still has one and chimes in.   I can handle it for you if all else fails. 
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:39 PM »
Paging Terry Watts........
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
Send it to me...

PM me for my Mailing Address...

Thanks,

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Ronmac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
For future searchers....

I live in Canada and have a Sony working portable and a Sony 4Track (MDMX4MKII) that are both well maintained. Happy to do transfers for the TS crowd.

Offline earmonger

• Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 02:29:49 AM »
This is just a great community. I have PM'ed Twatts and I am so glad to see the immediate response. Some people understand....

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 02:48:52 AM »
I've got a deck with digital output as well.
I'm going to hold onto this ...  I am a minidisc die hard.
I started out with minidisc regular, and went to WAV recording on minidisc, just before the standard died.

Loved these units for their portability, low noise preamps, and incredible battery life ...

Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
I bought one of the MZ-RH1 right before they just about disappeared. Only deck that can do a USB transfer of all minidiscs (legacy and netMD), and then do a direct conversion from ATRAC>WAV. Most of the decks with optical outs do a resample during the transfer if I recall.

That was a fun summer at work. Taking 6-7 masters into work, and then transferring onto my computer while working.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
I also have a home deck with DIGI out if anyone needed a few MD's transferred. I am in the process of doing this for my own collection of old discs. That MZ-RH1 sounds nice, I liked those Sony MD portables. My first deck was a MZ-R55. Only thing I didn't like about it was the lack or L R level read out. Only ended up being an issue for one show thought.

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »
I bought one of the MZ-RH1 right before they just about disappeared. Only deck that can do a USB transfer of all minidiscs (legacy and netMD), and then do a direct conversion from ATRAC>WAV. Most of the decks with optical outs do a resample during the transfer if I recall.

That was a fun summer at work. Taking 6-7 masters into work, and then transferring onto my computer while working.

I grabbed one off eBay a few years back, got all my masters transferred. I should offload it, one sold here last week for approx US$885! https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1518098085

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
I used to have a home unit with the optical out (Sony JE510, IIRC) that I ran into a Yamaha sound card with an optical in. It was a nice setup, but the computer with that card is no more, and my MD unit no longer accepts MD's. If anyone wants it, they're welcome to it, for the cost of shipping (or pick it up if you're in the Cleveland area).
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 10:16:42 AM »

I grabbed one off eBay a few years back, got all my masters transferred. I should offload it, one sold here last week for approx US$885! https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1518098085

Holy smokes. I did the same thing--it's worth its weight in gold now!
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Sa da tay!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:09 AM »

Holy smokes. I did the same thing--it's worth its weight in gold now!

Pretty sure I sold you that MZ-RH1.  :facepalm:

I hope it still working well for you. I never would have used it again, most likely.
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 09:38:32 PM »
ha ha! Still works well. Hasn't gotten a lot of use since I did a mass transfer of all the minidisc masters, but occasionally somebody hits me up to do a clean transfer.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
Get yourself a brand new MZ-RH1 on the Amazons for a measley $920.54....

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MZ-RH1-Walkman-MiniDisc-Digital/dp/B000F6IMPE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D4DJJN3G2VJVHZGTQJB0

3 year protection plan for $35.04.

Free shipping....man, they got everything  ::)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com