Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: gear racks  (Read 1770 times)

Offline thekittycatt

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
gear racks
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
I was wondering what some people are using to rack their gear together in their bags?  I was looking to put a V3, a R-44, and a battery(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/480307-REG/Impact_BPD8000_BPD_8000_Universal_Portable_Li_Ion.html) together in an old Mountainsmith bag(or maybe something new).  I was wanting to keep the front of the V3 & R-44 at the same height, keeping the back of the V3 off the bottom of the bag for cables.  I was, also interested in maybe attaching my bodies for my active setup to it.  Thanks

Mikey

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
Re: gear racks
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
I was wondering what some people are using to rack their gear together in their bags?  I was looking to put a V3, a R-44, and a battery(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/480307-REG/Impact_BPD8000_BPD_8000_Universal_Portable_Li_Ion.html) together in an old Mountainsmith bag(or maybe something new).  I was wanting to keep the front of the V3 & R-44 at the same height, keeping the back of the V3 off the bottom of the bag for cables.  I was, also interested in maybe attaching my bodies for my active setup to it.  Thanks

Mikey
I've been using a Sonic-Case for my V3 and R4.  The R4 is tight, but with an R44 it will work better.
Several people have made "stilts" for the V3... one guy was actually selling them.  I have some piece of fiberglass I used and taped them on in a hurry one day... 9 months later, I'm still using it the same way.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
Another option is the Rakgear bag like I use. It has slanted shelves that you can put your gear on.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline thekittycatt

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
I've been using a Sonic-Case for my V3 and R4.  The R4 is tight, but with an R44 it will work better.
Several people have made "stilts" for the V3... one guy was actually selling them.  I have some piece of fiberglass I used and taped them on in a hurry one day... 9 months later, I'm still using it the same way.

I have a pair of the "stilts", but I was looking for something with more room under the V3(taller stilts maybe).  I would, also, like to attach my R-44 and battery to this.

Another option is the Rakgear bag like I use. It has slanted shelves that you can put your gear on.

Do you know the manufactures website? pics?

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:02:11 AM »

I have a pair of the "stilts", but I was looking for something with more room under the V3(taller stilts maybe).  I would, also, like to attach my R-44 and battery to this.

Do you know the manufactures website? pics?

Take your pick of these.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=rakgear&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2555313685&ref=pd_sl_56t3wojl32_b
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com