Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: (CLOSED) Tinybox to 2 ck930 capsules cable needed  (Read 5377 times)

Offline chrisv31

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
(CLOSED) Tinybox to 2 ck930 capsules cable needed
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
Hi everybody,

I bought a tinybox and I'm waiting for my order of 2 CK930 capsules (mini xlrs 4 pin output).
I would to know if someone will be ok to build me a custom cable for me.
I need from two mini xlr 4 pins from the righ and the left ck 930 capsules into 1 cable and then into the tinybox.
Thanks in advance for your help
Chris
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:26:44 AM by chrisv31 »
DPA 4061 + MPS 6030 + LS 10 Olympus
NEUMANN KM140 + Neumann BS48i-2

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
Re: HELP ! Tinybox to 2 ck930 capsules cable needed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
I can assist if you can get the pin assignment from Jon at naiant.
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »
There are a few cable makers on board TS.com, try the retail space:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=110932.0

I think asking any of those fellas will get you all the info you need.

Hope this helps.
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
I can assist if you can get the pin assignment from Jon at naiant.

You'll still need the pin-out from the tinybox, but the cap end pin configuration is (thankfully) published in the manuals. PDFs can be found on beyer's site.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline aleal5687

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »
Where did you buy the capsules from?

Mics:CA11,CA14,AKG ck91(Homebrew active)
Pre/power: Ca Ugly, Oade mod sbm1,sp battery box,MT mic power
Recorder:R9HR,MT 24/96,Iriver ihp110(16gb cfmod)

Offline chrisv31

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »
about the pin configuration of the tinybox , i have found someting on the Naiant website :)
I don't know if it's enough!

""The mini-XLR input/output pin configuration is as follows:
6-pin:
pin 1: ground or right output
pin 2: right noninverting input
pin 3: left noninverting input
pin 4: mic power supply, high-voltage capsule polarization voltage, or left output
pin 5: right inverting input
pin 6: left inverting input
chassis: ground

Each signal input pin may be configured as a power pin and/or signal pin, with or without DC termination.  This allows the pairs of signal pins (noninverting and inverting) to be used to support different microphone types.  For example, the inverting inputs can be configured for plug-in power microphones (which are typically reverse signal polarity), and the noninverting inputs, together with the voltage supply pin, may be used with "three-wire" lapel microphones.

The mic power supply pin may be used to enable many different custom configurations.  For example, all signal pins may be left unpowered and supply resistors may be located in external cable connectors to enable support for each type of required microphone.

The high-voltage capsule polarization supply offers +45V with maximum current of 100uA to enable certain "active" microphone capsules to be directly connected to tinybox.""

Offline chrisv31

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:45:50 PM »
Thanks for your help!
About the capsules , I'm waiting for the confirmation of the price and the Availability from Beydynamics Germany :)
Normally for one Capsule is less the 250€.

Offline M

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
If you are in North America then the cheapest place is Sweetwaveaudio and you are going to have to buy the full set.  I still encourage you to shop around for a better price and to even try and get the capsules individually, but I doubt it will happen.

Jon at Naiant will  build the cable to go between ck930's and TB for $39.
Beyer CK930>Naiant TB>M10

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »
If you are in North America then the cheapest place is Sweetwaveaudio and you are going to have to buy the full set.

Out of curiosity, how much? Best price I've seen recently was around 1300 shipped for a pair. I picked up my 950s for like 1250 or so in February and they are supposidly priced the same.

I still encourage you to shop around for a better price and to even try and get the capsules individually, but I doubt it will happen.

ditto. Best of luck.

Someone else tried to contact beyerdynamic in Germany directly and was quoted about the same amount when they were referred to a distributor in Europe, only to find out they were intending to send the caps to the mc930s, not ck930s which is strange since the MC line's parts are not compatible (or switchable). For that price, make sure you get the ck caps. Best of luck. A lot of this has been covered in the beyerdynamic Team thread here.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline M

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
$1293 shipped + $165 customs. They are a close match too! (the 950's were slightly cheaper than this)
$252 for the TB & cables shipped (got lucky with no customs)

Got a couple recordings under my belt now and am pretty happy with the new rig.

I don't understand the mc/ck situation.  I thought that the mc version didn't have detachable capsules.  Is it possible nicegrin was sent ck caps that just didn't have the mini xlr connection, making them useless to him.  If this is what happened then there is hope for the rest of us.  I was told by Klaus Kirchhöfer from Beyer that any dealer has the capability of making a special or for just the caps, but I asked just about everywhere and no one would do it.
Beyer CK930>Naiant TB>M10

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
$1293 shipped + $165 customs. They are a close match too! (the 950's were slightly cheaper than this)
$252 for the TB & cables shipped (got lucky with no customs)

Got a couple recordings under my belt now and am pretty happy with the new rig.

I don't understand the mc/ck situation.  I thought that the mc version didn't have detachable capsules.  Is it possible nicegrin was sent ck caps that just didn't have the mini xlr connection, making them useless to him.  If this is what happened then there is hope for the rest of us.  I was told by Klaus Kirchhöfer from Beyer that any dealer has the capability of making a special or for just the caps, but I asked just about everywhere and no one would do it.

nope, he later got a price quote for CK caps if you needed to replace one that was busted or something and while he could get someone to sell him a separate one from the general sets, there wasn't much if any of a price break. At that point you might as well grab a set of bodies with it. The reason they will quote a price for MC caps is because of replacement parts. Technically, the CK cap has three serial numbers to make a complete piece, plus the cable serial and body serial for a total of 5...

I never could get anyone to sell a set of 950 caps and beyer in Germany won't match them, they will do sequential numbers which is better but not great. We went back and forth with them for close to 6 months and they won't do matching now for some fucked up reason, don't know what changed (my 930s are matched if the work order and polar plots are any indication).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com