Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps MK4 & MK 41 stereo micing tecnniques  (Read 7287 times)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re: Schoeps MK4 & MK 41 stereo micing tecnniques
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
On the topic of the tight fit with the bars and the collette cables, just get a file and file it down some on the inside to give you more room. The KWON bars I find not to be tight at all, but the Schoeps ORTF bar is very tight and I filed it down some to make more room instead of pushing a $400 cable too hard.

the Kwon bars are a bitch to file down.
I got a DIN bar for my MG actives but the opening on the bar was about 1mm too small so I tried to file it out...ruined that bar...it worked, but it didnt hold snugly at all and even with rubber bands holding the cables coming out the back of the bar i was constantly afraid the cap assembly would fall out the front.
granted, the Kwon bar wasnt made for my MG, but I'm just saying that its hard to file out and easy to render the bar useless

the water's clean and innocent

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 12:46:30 PM »
Interesting, I never had a problem with the KWON bars when it came to fit.....the schoeps brand bar I had to file because I couldn't get the cable in unless I really pushed on the cable and as I said..didn't like doing that to a $400 cable.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:02 PM »
Interesting, I never had a problem with the KWON bars when it came to fit.....the schoeps brand bar I had to file because I couldn't get the cable in unless I really pushed on the cable and as I said..didn't like doing that to a $400 cable.

well, the only reason why I got the bar was because the Kwon Schoeps bars were suppossed to fit the JK Labs cables...they fit the AKGs, just not the MGs 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 01:09:09 PM »
ahhh, so we are talking about different cables...are the MG's thicker than the schoeps?
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 01:32:20 PM »
thinner. I can get both cables on 1 side of the A20s to lock in its clip

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 11:40:26 PM »
Jason, prototypes for the BBG extension will be here early next week...thanks for the patience!

OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What is a BBG extension? Is it a neato little toy another taper(s) might be interested in?

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 12:18:24 AM »
Jason, prototypes for the BBG extension will be here early next week...thanks for the patience!

OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What is a BBG extension? Is it a neato little toy another taper(s) might be interested in?

Basically a more professional version of the thing pictured here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=44751.0

It will let me use the BBGs as designed, and basically allows use of any accessory that works well with a full sized 19/20mm mic to be used with either a CCM* or KC*/MK* active setup.  My hacked together magic marker shells (and duct tape) and more recently PVC pipe and epoxy works, but is fragile, isn't exactly the right diameter, and isn't something I feel I can depend on in a pinch.

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
oh and DINa is 17cm seperation w/ a 90 degree angl;e
This is my fav all around config.  I even like to spread it more like 20cm to get more low end info
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 01:00:20 PM »
oh and DINa is 17cm seperation w/ a 90 degree angl;e
This is my fav all around config.  I even like to spread it more like 20cm to get more low end info

And that's DIN - 20cm, 90 degrees.
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com