Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Roland R-05, rubber parts became sticky like melting!

<< < (3/3)

Gutbucket:
Right.  Was referring to the orbital sander above.

R-05 is definitely a coating.  I think I removed it from an earlier model R-09 which went sticky if I recall correctly.  Definitely did so on a Sony SBM

rolandr05:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on September 16, 2021, 07:09:09 PM ---R-05 is definitely a coating.  I think I removed it from an earlier model R-09 which went sticky if I recall correctly.  Definitely did so on a Sony SBM
--- End quote ---
The funny thing is that the cap that covers the SD card slot is still in perfect conditions because it's not made of rubber.
Maybe removing the rubber pads is the solution but the recorder will need replacements because especially the front rubber pad has the description for 10 buttons.
I'll wait the feedback from Roland and the vendor hoping they will replay.
In the mean time I found on internet people use talcum powder?

seethreepo:

--- Quote from: rolandr05 on September 16, 2021, 08:37:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gutbucket on September 16, 2021, 07:09:09 PM ---R-05 is definitely a coating.  I think I removed it from an earlier model R-09 which went sticky if I recall correctly.  Definitely did so on a Sony SBM
--- End quote ---
The funny thing is that the cap that covers the SD card slot is still in perfect conditions because it's not made of rubber.
Maybe removing the rubber pads is the solution but the recorder will need replacements because especially the front rubber pad has the description for 10 buttons.
I'll wait the feedback from Roland and the vendor hoping they will replay.
In the mean time I found on internet people use talcum powder?

--- End quote ---
I'd be super hesitant to put talcum powder anywhere near any form of electronics at all ever  period! so many things can go wrong. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version