Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Roland R-05, rubber parts became sticky like melting!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gutbucket:
Acetone (nail polish remover) works fast and easy but can melt the base plastic, fog the display, etc.  Alcohol is far safer.

OrionMan:
Would this work good on hand tools?  My orbital polisher gets stored in the garage where it gets pretty hot and I haven't used it for a couple of years and now it's sticky all over.  Same happened to the handles on my tripod that are used to tight/loosen the ball head. Although the tripod was stored in the bedroom closet and it doesn't get nowhere near as hot there.

Gutbucket:
It works to remove a rubberized coating.  It won't work if the rubber surface is a separate rubber pad adhered or mechanically attached to the subsurface.  In that case I'd just try an remove the entire pad. 

Isopropyl alcohol is a relatively benign solvent so it probably won't hurt to try. Maybe test rub a non-obvious area first.

rolandr05:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on September 16, 2021, 03:21:56 PM ---It won't work if the rubber surface is a separate rubber pad adhered or mechanically attached to the subsurface.  In that case I'd just try an remove the entire pad.
--- End quote ---
In fact the rubber it's not a decoration but part of the record case.

rolandr05:
Here is the web page where you can see the recorder https://www.roland.com/global/products/r-05/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version