Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom F3 / 32Bit / Rig Philosophy question

<< < (2/2)

jes1982:

--- Quote from: voltronic on January 08, 2024, 06:12:13 PM ---The sound quality from DPA 4060 / 4061 is far superior to what you'd get from CA or SP mics. As for powering them, you need to be careful. Don't plug them into any old battery box. 9 volts can damage them; they need 8V and the right loading.

--- End quote ---

I'll plainly confess I'm fairly illiterate about the tech behind the gear, and my head is spinning a bit in trying to figure out what my next rig setup will be.  In researching options, I came across this thread.  Is a 9 volt power source a real concern for DPA 4060/4061 mics?  My understanding is that it's the most common option used by people for the DPA mics.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=188639.0

Am curious to learn more as I currently have a Church CA-9100 preamp (9 volts) with microdot inputs, and I was contemplating going with DPA 4660s.

cd2go:
I too am considering going back to an old favorite and playing around with 4060 omnis again, running into an F3. I asked DPA if using their microdot XLR adapters they can be plugged directly into a phantom powered recorder and if they could run at less than 48V, and response was:

“Without adaptor(transmitter) up to 5-10v. With adaptor technically 12 to 48 V, but I suggest using the full 48 V for full specification guarantee. Internal to the adapter is some electronics to help regulate the power.”

voltronic:
^ I stand corrected. Thanks for posting the straight scoop from DPA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version