Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Artist Microphones  (Read 3821 times)

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: Artist Microphones
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »
When I was mixing at a club vox were almost exclusively a 58 or beta 58 unless someone brought their own. 57s aplenty, random clip on tom mics, D112 on kick. Super simple almost exclusively dynamic with the exception of a random condenser for an overhead.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Artist Microphones
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 12:21:45 PM »
When I was mixing at a club vox were almost exclusively a 58 or beta 58 unless someone brought their own. 57s aplenty, random clip on tom mics, D112 on kick. Super simple almost exclusively dynamic with the exception of a random condenser for an overhead.

I took a page out of Jeff Austin's 2010 playbook and used a AKG D112 as a mandolin solo mic. I used my twin spot pickup into a LR Baggs DI as my main sound then had the bass drum mic mounted low so I could lean into it and solo. No matter how loud it got onstage that thing never had any feedback problems even when left cranked all the time.

Condenser mics onstage in a lot of situations are overrated - classical, chamber and choir music being obvious exceptions.

I used a lot of different mics as drum kit overheads and I think my favorite was the JW modded AKG 460/CK63 combo in a split AB pointed straight down to the edge of the crash/snare on one side and the edge of the ride/rack tom/floor tom on the other.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com