Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Etree download bots?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Etree download bots?
« on: February 11, 2013, 12:42:31 AM »
So, after seeding shows consistently for over two years, this first time I've seen this and wondering what happened.  Uploaded two sets, then a few hours later I have many more seeders showing than have grabbed the show.  I have no idea what IP addresses mean, but its showing this address as like 20 seeders on both the opening band's set and the main act with nothing downloaded.

First number is times downloaded, bold number is seeders:

Peer List:

Opening set:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=562067

Headliner:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=562068
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:45:49 AM by achalsey »

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
Re: Etree download bots?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:34:45 AM »
This could be some misconfiguration with a  seedbox and the rss feed. I don't know how you can prevent this but it's encouraging its still seeding.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:07:42 AM »
Nope......I noticed it a while back, too.  A site called "technutopia.com" is 69,197.47.XXXX.6881........at the time I first noticed it, it was 96.39.14.254

They intermediately leech all my torrents.  What are they doing there?

Here's a thread I started awhile ago.......

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=159277.msg2005208#msg2005208
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
I have no interest in reading through his stuff so does anyone know what this guy is doing?  Is he trying to act as a one man backup for shows on etree?

I don't know why but for some (probably irrational) reason this guy is really bugging me.

Alright, nevermind.  I emailed the guy, hes trying to figure out what was causing it to happen.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:08:54 PM by achalsey »

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
I have no interest in reading through his stuff so does anyone know what this guy is doing?  Is he trying to act as a one man backup for shows on etree?

I don't know why but for some (probably irrational) reason this guy is really bugging me.

Alright, nevermind.  I emailed the guy, hes trying to figure out what was causing it to happen.

Thanks.....I didn't know how to describe what I was seeing.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com