Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Matrix JGB sync 2 sources  (Read 2290 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Matrix JGB sync 2 sources
« on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Anyone want to help me sync up two analog sources. My master aud and a analog soundboard. I looking for someone to match the speeds of the two sources. I have tried but I don't have the time to figure it out. I've done a small sample and this would push the sound of this show into the tastier realm.

The show would be the early and late show from Binghamton in the fall of 83.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Matrix JGB sync 2 sources
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
A tip to whoever does it; instead of doing a single stretch/sync, chop the show into 30 second sections and sync those, then recombine everything. While doing digital sources can drift a variable amount during a single recording, it's not nearly as noticeable as tape syncs, so to do it well, you have to do constant speed/sync adjustments.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »
From my experience doing this digital sources are no problem and takes me a few minutes to synch and or stretch multiple sources but the one analog show i did took me over a year to get it done never again will i do that.

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »
A tip to whoever does it; instead of doing a single stretch/sync, chop the show into 30 second sections and sync those, then recombine everything. While doing digital sources can drift a variable amount during a single recording, it's not nearly as noticeable as tape syncs, so to do it well, you have to do constant speed/sync adjustments.

I think problem with chop/sync is one source is still slightly out of tune with the other.

Its not just about time - its about tune also.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

I think problem with chop/sync is one source is still slightly out of tune with the other.

Its not just about time - its about tune also.

Valid observation. It definitely can be, depends on whether you adjust pitch when doing the sync. Some folks do, some programs offer the option, and some folks and programs don't.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:37:56 PM »
Anyone want to help me sync up two analog sources. My master aud and a analog soundboard. I looking for someone to match the speeds of the two sources. I have tried but I don't have the time to figure it out. I've done a small sample and this would push the sound of this show into the tastier realm.

The show would be the early and late show from Binghamton in the fall of 83.

Bump

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com