Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

BD copying / burning software recomendations?

(1/2) > >>

seethreepo:
can anyone here recommend a good program to rip , and burn blu rays ?   Ive got a couple of region b discs I cant watch and want to remove the region coding.  a buddy of mine just bought a 16 speed writer hopefully he can make me region free copies of my store bought discs. 

xjsb125:
MakeMKV and IMGburn. If your player can handle digital files, you could consider skipping the burning process and copying to a jump drive or external hard drive.

seethreepo:
thanks ! I'll have him check those out. 

Justy Gyee:

--- Quote from: xjsb125 on November 20, 2019, 09:38:31 AM ---MakeMKV and IMGburn. If your player can handle digital files, you could consider skipping the burning process and copying to a jump drive or external hard drive.

--- End quote ---

i recently was pointed to imgburn.
download came with some malware. fyi

guitard:

--- Quote from: Justy Gyee on November 20, 2019, 02:45:25 PM ---i recently was pointed to imgburn.
download came with some malware. fyi

--- End quote ---

I strongly suspect you downloaded it from a site other than the Official ImgBurn website:  https://www.imgburn.com/

There are a ton of sites out there that operate along the lines of "ten best free blu-ray burning programs" that will offer ImgBurn (which it can legally do since ImgBurn in open source).  But those sites often have sketchy download add-ons.  But if you download from the official ImgBurn website, you will only ever get the clean version of the program; and it won't contain anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version