Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Portable player

<< < (2/6) > >>

jefflester:

--- Quote from: deejayen on February 17, 2020, 01:13:31 PM ---I haven't seen them, but I'm wondering if a cheap player such as a SanDisk Clip/Jam might work okay for general listening, and with the savings I could buy a PCM-D100 or Tascam DR-100MkIII etc when I need a recorder.
--- End quote ---
I used a Sansa Clip for 6-7 years until the battery started lasting less than 2 hours. I was very happy with it for the low price point, simplicity, and functionality, though not being able to play higher resolution files became an issue as more of those started circulating. I've replaced it with a Hidizs AP80 which I am happy with, though it does not handle un-tagged files very well.

unidentified:
My FiiO X5s don't have touch screens per se.  Off-on and volume controls are physical.  To access other functions, you turn a physical wheel inset flat on the front of the player until the function you want is displayed on the screen.  You activate that function by  pressing a physical button. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-impressions-and-discussion-thread.765943/  You can get one for less than $200 on EBay (no affiliation with any that you would find there). 

I myself would be cautious about subjecting my recorder to the day to day rigors of being my primary portable playing device.  YMMV. 

deejayen:
Thanks for that.  I think the current generation of X5s might be touch screen, as is the M11 mentioned by Lostbrook, but from your description the 1st and 2nd generation X5s might not be.  I suppose I could have a look around for an older device, but I'd rather not buy something like this from eBay.

moondust.and.solitude:
The iRULU F20 is a nice, well built, player.  Easy on the pocketbook/wallet.

Chilly Brioschi:
The SanDisk Clip is very small.
Clip it on clothing, and go exercise or walk.
Sound isn't bad, but fairly low powered, somewhat warm with my Panasonic earbuds.
I don't recall it as doing .wav or .bwff, but I wasn't expecting Hi-Res or Hi-Fi, just background.
It does Audibles, a big plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version