Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Streaming from computer to outdoor bluetooth speakers

(1/4) > >>

daspyknows:
I was asked by a friend how to stream music from computer to outside speakers.  Music stored on computer hard drive (s) and distance to speakers less than 50 feet.  Willing to purchase "some" hardware to accomplish the task.  Any suggestions/recommendations. 

edtyre:
My computer to my patio is too far, so this is how i do it.
I use JRiver Media Center on my computer, i connect with JRemote on my phone via wifi,
stream the signal to my phone, then bluetooth to speaker on patio.
The phone app is $10
The computer app is $25

https://jriver.com/

Easy solution...put a bunch of stuff on your phone, then bluetooth to speaker directly!

daspyknows:
Thx.  He has the phone working but has terabytes on home computer he wants to access.

bhtoque:

--- Quote from: daspyknows on June 08, 2020, 08:54:04 PM ---Thx.  He has the phone working but has terabytes on home computer he wants to access.

--- End quote ---

subsonic! www.subsonic.org

is $1/mo

pc becomes server, phone app or any web browser for access. Unlimited bandwidth and users. Lots of access and control options. for instance I give streaming access to facebook friends, and full D/L & U/L to a few members here who track and seed for me. As long as you have unlimited data or wifi is all good. After quick buffer will even stream 24/96 flac

Been user for years. Love it.

JAson

audBall:

--- Quote from: bhtoque on June 08, 2020, 10:40:47 PM ---subsonic! www.subsonic.org

is $1/mo

pc becomes server, phone app or any web browser for access. Unlimited bandwidth and users. Lots of access and control options. for instance I give streaming access to facebook friends, and full D/L & U/L to a few members here who track and seed for me. As long as you have unlimited data or wifi is all good. After quick buffer will even stream 24/96 flac

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  So do you leave your computer on non-stop for this to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version