Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 (part V)  (Read 108490 times)

Offline stepeanut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sony PCM-M10 (part V)
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
I've been buying from these guys for a couple of years (mostly external HD modules) and they are reliable, and quick, if they have the product in stock.  I had to wait a couple of months for the M10 to come back into stock, but when it did they honoured the reduced price, which came into effect after I had placed my original order.  I would recommend using CVP, but be sure to call them first to check availability.
Stepeanut: "Unless something else turns up, I'd say you've made the pull of the tour."

Yousef: "That's kind of you to say, but it does feel like winning first prize in a turd-photographing contest."

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:42 AM »
I've searched the User Guide on the M-10 but can't find an answer. Does anyone have an idea about how far from 3 volts the M-10 is operational? I know that it can not be exactly 3 volt but is a range just like the larger rigs. I just haven't seen it posted anywhere. Any ideas?
Someone with a good voltmeter could test a pair or AA's right after they die?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline zcream

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2012, 02:59:06 AM »
Is there a way to order a replacement front faceplate ? Mine got dented during shipping and the Menu and Display buttons dont work. I opened it up and without the faceplate everything works.
I think the buttons are slightly out of alignment.

Any idea where I can get one ?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
I've searched the User Guide on the M-10 but can't find an answer. Does anyone have an idea about how far from 3 volts the M-10 is operational? I know that it can not be exactly 3 volt but is a range just like the larger rigs. I just haven't seen it posted anywhere. Any ideas?
Someone with a good voltmeter could test a pair or AA's right after they die?

I will do that tonight/tomorrow ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Muddy Das

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
just wanted to know if anyone is haveing rechargeable battrie issues. I have been using just some regular alkaline batteries that i get from work duracell procell i usally get been getting amazing long life from them. This past weekend i used energizer 2300 rechargable and had to switch them out during set break. i don't get it they work fine in my discman and the kids toys is there something i am missing. i just don't get it.

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
Did you change the battery settings in the Menu?? 

just wanted to know if anyone is haveing rechargeable battrie issues. I have been using just some regular alkaline batteries that i get from work duracell procell i usally get been getting amazing long life from them. This past weekend i used energizer 2300 rechargable and had to switch them out during set break. i don't get it they work fine in my discman and the kids toys is there something i am missing. i just don't get it.
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline Artstar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »

Potentially stupid question here but did you change the battery setting in your menu from Alkaline to NiMH? The characteristics of these batteries are such that they need to be measured and assessed differently.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
I have noticed rechargeable batteries generally don't last as long as Alkaline in the m10 so I just get a 4 pack once in a while and that will last.
Also, I have put a mostly fully charged pair of NiMH in the m10, and before adjusting the battery settings, it showed one bar missing. Once I set it to NiMH, it showed full power.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Artstar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2012, 10:27:52 PM »
Also, I have put a mostly fully charged pair of NiMH in the m10, and before adjusting the battery settings, it showed one bar missing. Once I set it to NiMH, it showed full power.

Exactly the point I was making earlier about measurement and assessment being different between the two chemistries.

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »

This is the one place I use disposable batteries, Energizer lithiums. With them I have gotten well in excess of 50 hours recording time on multiple occasions. I know that means they do end up in the landfill eventually, but in my mind that's a small impact in exchange for peace of mind and convenience. By small, I mean smaller than regular batteries where it's touch and go after ~20hrs. YMMV

I have used Sanyo Eneloops before with the deck set to NiMH, and got 20 hrs or so before I started to get worried.
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline Artstar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2012, 02:17:05 AM »
This is the one place I use disposable batteries, Energizer lithiums. With them I have gotten well in excess of 50 hours recording time on multiple occasions. I know that means they do end up in the landfill eventually, but in my mind that's a small impact in exchange for peace of mind and convenience. By small, I mean smaller than regular batteries where it's touch and go after ~20hrs. YMMV

I have used Sanyo Eneloops before with the deck set to NiMH, and got 20 hrs or so before I started to get worried.

I used to be a strong proponent of the Energizer lithium AA's (and still am for many applications). However, the battery meter in the PCM-M10 isn't as accurate as the PCM-D50 and as a result, I've been caught out once by it. What seemed like a full tank depleted very quickly despite my best calculations as to how many hours those batteries had done.

Since then, as much as I keep tabs on time, I much rather charge up a set of Powerex NiMH batteries the night before a show. Then I'll plug them in to record the show, knowing I'm reading a fairly accurate battery meter and more importantly, knowing I'll get the usual 3 hours worth of recording that I need.

To be bitten in the arse once is enough for me. Otherwise, the lithiums are great and definitely long lasting. The best thing of all ... there's little to no risk of them leaking! That in itself is well worth the premium.

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »
I love the lithiums.  I put a fresh pair in the day of a show.  After the show I use the m10 for playback and song catching around the house.  Sometimes weeks go by and lots of use and the lithiums keep going.  When a show comes along I put a new set in....

Also, someday one of these jambands is going to access the time/space continuum and play in suspension for 48hrs straight, this is why lithiums are advantageous...
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Muddy Das

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »
DOH... no i didn't even think of the battery setting..well live and learn

Offline mloewen

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
I got home from recording Bruce Hornsby on Friday and when I turn my M-10 on it light's up and then powers down like it has dead batteries. I got new batteries today and it still does the same. I can't  find the USB cord or the power supply to check if they work. I recorded  on the internal memory so can not access the show at this point. any ideas what the problem might be I don't think I dropped it. Don't know if it would cost more to have it worked than getting a new one? Where is the cheapest it is being sold now? So many questions.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:49:27 PM by mloewen »

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
Has anyone else experienced a problem with unmatched left-right channels on their m10? I know they bill them as matched to within 1db of each other, but mine has a left channel about 2db higher than the right channel. Easily correctable in post, and not extremely noticeable given that it's an omni pattern, but kinda annoying none-the-less.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com