Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SmartFTP's Transfer Queue  (Read 5998 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SmartFTP's Transfer Queue
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 02:58:23 AM »
I have used SmartFTP and swore by it to for many years. Well, it was being a PITA and I switched to FireFTP and ran that for a year+. But it was VERY INCONSISTENT. I would manually ahve to transfer 3-4 tracks at the end thatn it just wouldnt UL ??? Switched back to SmartFTP bout 4 months ago and its been rock solid. Not to mention the 3x more speed I get w/ SmartFTP :)

Same story for me as many.  SmartFTP for years but then a couple months ago, they changed it to be a 'pay for' program.  Since then I've been limping along with various other ftp clients basically just using their free trial periods when I need to upload something.  So thanks for all the suggestions folks.  Been looking for something to replace SmartFTP.

Offline davepeck

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »
i caved in and purchased SmartFTP when they started charging. been using it for years, and i've never had a problem with it. wasn't able to find another program that i liked as much, so to me, the $35 was completely worth it.
Telefunken M60 + TK60 / TK61 / TK62 > Tascam DR-70D

Audio | Video | Photo

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
FWIW, you can still use the older FREE versions of SmartFTP.  Currently they are on version 3.0.1022     Things started getting bloated when the made the jump to version 3 from version 2.

Here's a link to a few version 1.x and version 2.x builds.   http://www.old-versions.net/show/SmartFTP/71/

Install and turn off the auto update so you don't get updated to version 3.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com