Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question  (Read 4993 times)

Offline mk4ride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:45:20 PM »
Hey all,

I am a newbie but thanks for your help.  I just got the Cool Edit Pro uploaded and I put a file of about 1:46 on my computer.  I've tracked it out, but I can't seem to figure out how to put the tracks down individually and put to disk.  I've searched yahoo as well as putting in www.cooleditpro.com trying to find a how to but no luck.  Any help would be appreciative. 

Thanks

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 10:06:14 PM »
Hey all,

I am a newbie but thanks for your help.  I just got the Cool Edit Pro uploaded and I put a file of about 1:46 on my computer.  I've tracked it out, but I can't seem to figure out how to put the tracks down individually and put to disk.  I've searched yahoo as well as putting in www.cooleditpro.com trying to find a how to but no luck.  Any help would be appreciative. 

Thanks

you should track it out with CDWave (freeware). much easier.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:14:29 PM »
I downloaded the CD Wave Editor from etree.org but the sound isn't as good as it is in when I put it to CEP.  I've been reading throughout the site on old posts and the help file but can't find out how to track out individually.  I have tracked it out recording in the edit view.  Still no luck but trying.

THanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 10:17:55 PM by mk4ride »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »
What Marc said, tracking with CD-Wave is a breeze.

Tracking with CEP, while not terribly difficult, just isn't as easy.  CEP was originally created by Syntrillium.  Adobe bought out Syntrillium, and the latest version of CEP is now called Adobe Audition.

If all you're doing is tracking, the software - CEP or CD-Wave - shouldn't impact the sound quality.  For what purposes, exactly, are you using the software?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:21:54 PM »
Brian,

I am using to track out a recording from George Street Grocery of the band called Earthbound.  I also recorded this band called Starroy and I really like their sound.  Got to get them a copy.  Thanks for help so far.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:41:47 PM by mk4ride »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 10:30:45 PM »
If all you're doing is tracking the recording, give CD-Wave a try.  If playing back the recording in CD-Wave sounds different than it does in CEP, well...something's wrong.  Maybe the s/w is configured to different outputs or some such.  Configured properly (and it should require minimal configuration to get either/both up and running), the recording should sound identical when played back with either s/w.
Roland R-05

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 10:45:17 PM »
On the CD Wave I have under the Preferences section the priority boost set to Real-time, Problem solving Recording mode all the way over to Performance, refresh rate at 15 HZ, with the middle two boxes checked in the User Interface settings.  When I hit record, it is recording at 48 khz and convert to 44.1 later.  I am at Stereo(L+R), 16 bit, with the UA-1D highlighted when recording.  That is the CD Wave settings.  I'm coming coax out into a cable into the in portion of the UA-1D.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:22:04 PM by mk4ride »

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 10:45:38 PM »
what brian said.  perhaps your soundcard setting is off with cdwave....????

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 10:53:58 PM »
How do you set the settings on the Soundcard?  I'm not sure if you can?  Can you?  I guess I am a newbie to all of this and thanks for the much needed help.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 11:24:16 PM »
Ahhh...so you're not just tracking, you're actually recording.

Set your CEP recording device settings here:  Options | Device Properties.  The Wave Out tab controls through what device CEP plays back.  The Wave In tab controls through what device CEP records.  Sounds like you probably want to select the UA-1D in your Wave In dropdown.

Edit to add:  and for CD-Wave, set your recording device also to the UA-1D.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:26:28 PM by Brian Skalinder »
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 11:30:01 PM »
How do you set the settings on the Soundcard? I'm not sure if you can? Can you? I guess I am a newbie to all of this and thanks for the much needed help.

Your UA-1D should include documentation on how to congifure it properly.  Things like:  setting the bit-depth, sample rate, input jack (coax or optical), etc.
Roland R-05

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 11:35:47 PM »
Your UA-1D should include documentation on how to congifure it properly.

That is just it, I'm not sure what I did with all of the documentation that came with my UA-1D.  That probably would help, sorry.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 11:40:43 PM »
That is just it, I'm not sure what I did with all of the documentation that came with my UA-1D. That probably would help, sorry.

The Edirol website probably has updated electronic copies of any documentation that came with your UA-1D.
Roland R-05

Offline mk4ride

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 09:45:05 AM »
Thanks for all the help, but I did come to the conclusion that using Riverpast Audio Converter was my problem when I used CEP to convert to 44.1 and to track out my discs.  I guess it was a big help of the Oade man, thanks for sure!  I guess all that is needed to be done now is get some practice.  Thanks to all!

Offline Frank M

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 12:34:37 PM »
Just a word of advice about using CEP to track-out a recording: When you highlight the first section you want to add to the queue list, MANUALLY end it .999 (highlight the selection ending time to the right of the decimal point and type in '999').  Then, you can snap to the end of that section and repeat the process.  Otherwise, you won't be splitting the samples at the right point, and you'll get clicks on the CD.  CD-WAVE, on the other hand, takes care of that for you.

Some people find CEP tedious for track splitting, but for me, the tedious part is determining where I want the track split in the first place (after the last clap, before the first note, and in time with the beat whenever possible). 
ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 01:58:30 PM »
Just a word of advice about using CEP to track-out a recording: When you highlight the first section you want to add to the queue list, MANUALLY end it .999 (highlight the selection ending time to the right of the decimal point and type in '999'). Then, you can snap to the end of that section and repeat the process. Otherwise, you won't be splitting the samples at the right point, and you'll get clicks on the CD. CD-WAVE, on the other hand, takes care of that for you.

Frank - do you know if this is necessary even when setting the time display to CD format, FPS/frames-per-second (I think, I forget the precise terminology) v. HH:MM:SS.sss?
Roland R-05

Offline Frank M

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 03:02:24 PM »
Just a word of advice about using CEP to track-out a recording: When you highlight the first section you want to add to the queue list, MANUALLY end it .999 (highlight the selection ending time to the right of the decimal point and type in '999'). Then, you can snap to the end of that section and repeat the process. Otherwise, you won't be splitting the samples at the right point, and you'll get clicks on the CD. CD-WAVE, on the other hand, takes care of that for you.

Frank - do you know if this is necessary even when setting the time display to CD format, FPS/frames-per-second (I think, I forget the precise terminology) v. HH:MM:SS.sss?

When I first used CEP, I thought it would automatically snap to the proper boundaries if I set the scale to CD format, but apparently not.  It snapped to the nearest zero-crossing instead.  Since then I've been manually putting the marker at .999

I'm not using the latest version, so perhaps this isn't an issue anymore.  It would certainly make life easier!
ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com