Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 01:58:30 PM »
Just a word of advice about using CEP to track-out a recording: When you highlight the first section you want to add to the queue list, MANUALLY end it .999 (highlight the selection ending time to the right of the decimal point and type in '999'). Then, you can snap to the end of that section and repeat the process. Otherwise, you won't be splitting the samples at the right point, and you'll get clicks on the CD. CD-WAVE, on the other hand, takes care of that for you.

Frank - do you know if this is necessary even when setting the time display to CD format, FPS/frames-per-second (I think, I forget the precise terminology) v. HH:MM:SS.sss?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Frank M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 03:02:24 PM »
Just a word of advice about using CEP to track-out a recording: When you highlight the first section you want to add to the queue list, MANUALLY end it .999 (highlight the selection ending time to the right of the decimal point and type in '999'). Then, you can snap to the end of that section and repeat the process. Otherwise, you won't be splitting the samples at the right point, and you'll get clicks on the CD. CD-WAVE, on the other hand, takes care of that for you.

Frank - do you know if this is necessary even when setting the time display to CD format, FPS/frames-per-second (I think, I forget the precise terminology) v. HH:MM:SS.sss?

When I first used CEP, I thought it would automatically snap to the proper boundaries if I set the scale to CD format, but apparently not.  It snapped to the nearest zero-crossing instead.  Since then I've been manually putting the marker at .999

I'm not using the latest version, so perhaps this isn't an issue anymore.  It would certainly make life easier!
ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com