Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Burner Speeds problem  (Read 8178 times)

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Burner Speeds problem
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 01:15:35 PM »
I had this "won't enable dma" problem on my old computer.  Easiest way for me to fix it was to a) go into control panel>system>device manager and delete the driver for the cd burner.

Then, reboot and windoze will reinstall the cd burner drivers.  Next, confirm that the cd burner is set to DMA.  If so, you're all set and things should burn right quick.

It's important that nothing else be on the ide channel for the cd burner.

Once drivers are set up, you should have no problem burning @ 52x on a p3.  I had none on my p2-400.

Darrin

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
Re: Burner Speeds problem
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 10:56:39 PM »
I had this "won't enable dma" problem on my old computer.  Easiest way for me to fix it was to a) go into control panel>system>device manager and delete the driver for the cd burner.

Then, reboot and windoze will reinstall the cd burner drivers.  Next, confirm that the cd burner is set to DMA.  If so, you're all set and things should burn right quick.

It's important that nothing else be on the ide channel for the cd burner.

Once drivers are set up, you should have no problem burning @ 52x on a p3.  I had none on my p2-400.

Darrin

+T Darrin!  I uninstalled the drivers and got it working.  It's only burning at about 28x, but that's faster then it has in forever!

Thanks man.
Mike
Socks are overrated.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com