Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: uA5 matrix - how to?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
uA5 matrix - how to?
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
I'm sure the directions are here, but can't find them. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: uA5 matrix - how to?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,14389.0.html

Can I run a soundboard + audience mics mix (matrix) with the UA-5?

Yes.  Run your mics into the XLR inputs on the front as you normally would for an audience recording.  Run the soundboard feed into the RCA inputs on the back of the UA-5.  Use the gain knobs on the front and the single knob on the back to adjust the relative level of the soundboard input to the mic input.  Depending on how far back the audience mics are from the sound source, there may be more to this.  But this topic isn't covered here - search around or ask in the Ask The Tapers forum.

Can I run a 3-mic or 4-mic mix with the UA-5?

Yes.  Run your primary pair of mics into the XLR inputs on the front as you normally would for an audience recording.  Run the 3rd/4th mic(s) into the RCA inputs on the back of the UA-5.  Use the gain knobs on the front and the single knob on the back to adjust the relative level of the 3rd/4th mic(s) to the primary pair.  Note: this 3-/4-mic mix requires you have a way of powering your 3rd/4th mic(s) and possibly supplying external gain to the 3rd/4th mic(s) signal (search the Archival Info forum for "line transformers" for an inexpensive way to provide this gain).
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: uA5 matrix - how to?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »
thanks, +t

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com