Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope RX 10 and Ozone 10  (Read 11440 times)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: iZotope RX 10 and Ozone 10
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »
Would like to get music rebalance and not sure which one I should buy. Have Isotope RX 6 and ozone 6 non legal copies.

Which bundle do you guys recommend that I buy for music rebalance?

Is it easy to install on a DAW that is not on the internet running windows 7?

Want to use it with wavelab as a VST plugin.
Looks like music rebalance is in RX 10 Standard. Though it says needs windows 8-11.

Unless you can find a legit copy RX 7 through RX 9 for less then you might as well buy RX 10 Standard.  Loyalty pricing seems to be $150 although plugin boutique has it for $159 with a free copy of Trash.  You can also crossgrade for RX elements but you'll probably not save much $$.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/9599-RX-10-Standard-Trash-2-Exclusive-
Thanks rigpimp. Bought RX 10 standard for 159.

With music rebalance the processing of one 24/96 2 GB file is about 1 hr and 7 minutes on a windows 7 pc with icore 5 with 16 GB ram. This is a pretty fast PC though it is a standard HD not a SSD. It I come home with 2 long sets of music I have about 4 hours processing time just to get the stems from music rebalance. Thought about getting a SSD though not sure if the speed would increase that much or not. Know about Mac M1 chip though that type of machine costs around 5K. Have a Windows 7 laptop with icore 7 and a SSD though only use that for my music server. Though thought about bringing it to the venue and installing RX 10 on it and then just start processing the files on the laptop after set 1 so I do not have to wait to get home and start from scratch.

Anyone have suggestions on how to speed the process up?
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2022, 12:43:58 PM »
My experiments suggest that the bottleneck is processing rather than storage.
I usually just separate out the vocals, so that's somewhat faster.

FYI, an M1 mac mini w 16GB RAM and 2TB SSD costs $1,699.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline mountainhop

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2022, 09:13:56 PM »
wasmessing with ozone 9 and despite having only the match EQ module in the chain, when i export files they are massively different. like huge gain boost and compressed

not sure whats up. same module works fine in izotope
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:31:34 PM by mountainhop »

Offline ballerusk

• Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »
So if I understand it correctly: If you're new to the Izotope environment and buy Ozone 10 Standard you will also need (to buy) a host (Pro Logic, Reaper etc) to make it work?
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2022, 07:51:12 PM »
So if I understand it correctly: If you're new to the Izotope environment and buy Ozone 10 Standard you will also need (to buy) a host (Pro Logic, Reaper etc) to make it work?

Yuppers

Recordings at LMA

Offline ballerusk

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2022, 06:30:18 AM »
Aw shucks

Edit: So would people recommend Reaper + Ozone? I saw Reaper isn't *too* expensive at around $60.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:35:28 AM by ballerusk »

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2022, 08:24:30 PM »
Aw shucks

Edit: So would people recommend Reaper + Ozone? I saw Reaper isn't *too* expensive at around $60.

I have been a Reaper user for years. It's by far the best value in DAWs, and highly customizable.

More to the point of this thread: While I dislike the removal of features in software unless they are for security / safety reasons, I don't think the impact of the decision to remove standalone on Ozone is going to have much of an impact. I would guess that 99% of people using Ozone have it sitting on their master FX bus in their DAW.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2022, 09:09:59 PM »
Aw shucks

I have been a Reaper user for years. It's by far the best value in DAWs, and highly customizable.

More to the point of this thread: While I dislike the removal of features in software unless they are for security / safety reasons, I don't think the impact of the decision to remove standalone on Ozone is going to have much of an impact. I would guess that 99% of people using Ozone have it sitting on their master FX bus in their DAW.

There's so much more you can do with standalone programs.  I especially like building different "what-if" scenarios that I can tweak and conjure up, by juggling more than one instance of a program.

Some people work in serial mode, and others like me like to work in parallel.  It's a matter of how you create.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »
^ this.

I have a decade into Audacity, ever since I lost about half my visual acuity. Its low vision/high contrast skins are by far best I've found on any DAW. Anyhow, it is kinda funky hosting Ozone, abouthalf functional. So I'll stay w Ozone 9 and RX as standalone.

PS: Capn, just realized that your profile picture has impacted me, and when I read your posts I hear Bernie in my head. Yikes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 08:38:51 PM by checht »

Recordings at LMA

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2022, 03:43:07 AM »
I'm using izotope RX-10 standard, and trying to improve a recording where the vocals were lacking in treble. I used the music rebalance separation function to seperate into 4 different stems (vocals, bass, perc and other). I have now done a bit of work to fix the issues, and the results sound great when I preview with the composite view of all 4 stems. But I cannot find an easy way to mix the 4 stems into one file again. Any ideas?
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2022, 07:59:34 AM »
I'm using izotope RX-10 standard, and trying to improve a recording where the vocals were lacking in treble. I used the music rebalance separation function to seperate into 4 different stems (vocals, bass, perc and other). I have now done a bit of work to fix the issues, and the results sound great when I preview with the composite view of all 4 stems. But I cannot find an easy way to mix the 4 stems into one file again. Any ideas?

I just remix them in Audacity, where it's dirt easy to set levels and balance if needed.

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2022, 10:48:49 AM »
I just remix them in Audacity, where it's dirt easy to set levels and balance if needed.

Thank you for the tip, it was very easy... I did expect to find an easy way to do this inside of RX-10, but this worked out  :)
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline ballerusk

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2023, 04:45:03 PM »
I have RX10 (standard) and would like to buy Ozone. Should I splurge $499 (loyalty offer) for the "Everything" bundle which includes all the different softwares (advanced versions) even though I'm only interested in RX and Ozone?

...or should I wait for ver11 which I guess will release later this year?

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2023, 10:49:08 PM »
I posted a new deal for a free copy of RX 10 Elements.  Check it out if you don't have one yet!

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=203345.0
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2023, 05:46:29 PM »
I have RX10 (standard) and would like to buy Ozone. Should I splurge $499 (loyalty offer) for the "Everything" bundle which includes all the different softwares (advanced versions) even though I'm only interested in RX and Ozone?

...or should I wait for ver11 which I guess will release later this year?

Izotope put ozone on sale frequently, I'd hold off.

Recordings at LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.342 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com