Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recording Guitar?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Frankie Carroll

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Recording Guitar?
« on: April 01, 2004, 05:46:50 PM »
My son would like to record himself playing guitar, he wants to record himself playing all the guitar parts and then mix these together on the computer to give it more of a band feel (even though there will only be one person playing the guitar)

Does anybody know where I could get some software that would allow us to mix all these tracks together? (we would like the finished result to have each of the lead parts coming out of different speakers)

We will initially be recording onto a Jukebox 3 and then transfering the WAV file onto the computer

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
Re:Recording Guitar?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 08:17:14 PM »
Cool Edit can.  I believe Soundforge and wavelab are just 2-track programs but I really have no idea.  Cool Edit Pro 2 I know for a fact is multi-track.

EDIT: Out of curiousity (sp?) what are you using for A/D?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 08:18:35 PM by mgleason007 »
Mike

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 08:27:10 PM »
yes CEP will, i might suggest a ua-5 out in front of that jb3 since the ua-5 can act as an instrument preamp.  protools can, but thats kind of like using a jackhammer to dig a garden.

Uncle Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 04:43:57 PM »
Audacity from sourceforge.net.  It's free, and really great. Really really great. Really really really really...., well, you get the idea.

UJ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.117 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com