Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bluetooth connect to audacity  (Read 1529 times)

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
bluetooth connect to audacity
« on: November 15, 2020, 08:01:43 AM »
So i have a Lepai LP1601s and it works fine except with audacity. I've tried switching the built in output option too the Lepai which  it shows but i get a message that says i should try changing the audio host? the device or the sample rate.Any ideas this is a imac desktop and i can plug in the head phones in the back but the Lepai has a phone jack and it would be nice to use it without the reach around. This is the only problem i've encountered with the Lepai and i really like the small form and bluetooth. Sounds good into a set of Klipsch . Also switched the built in microphone option ( which i don't think would matter) . any help is appreciated .

• Taperssection Regular
Re: bluetooth connect to audacity
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:50:02 AM »
Ok i connected a 3.5 out of the imac to the Lepai R&L rca's and i get the thing to work fine . So i do have a work around but not with Bluetooth .

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »
This kind of defeats the reason i got this . 

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »
What version of MacOS are you using? What version of Audacity?
In Mojave, I use the Audio system preference panel and an application called Audio MIDI Setup which is located in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder to control device selection.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »
I'm using ,Big Sur and i went into my applications and went audio midi but still no go unless i did something wrong

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 04:16:29 PM »
Kinda gave up and went back to my trusty old Teac AL-301DA  amp . A little bigger but has more options like usb and optical. i may use the Lepai as a playback amp for outside speakers if the bluetooth reaches the deck i can always use the macbook pro for the playback source for the deck. the Lepai just wont work bluetooth and audacity. Everything shows it's there but it just wont go in bluetooth mode in audacity unless i use the rca to 3.5 hard cable .So if i go that route i'll go back to the Teac.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 12:34:23 PM »
Only other thing I can think is to check bluetooth settings and make sure nothing else is paired, and then dump the troubled one, and try again to pair correctly?
Bluetooth allows different categories of device, and if you pair as the wrong type it could limit functionality.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com