Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Haven't taped in ages, now I want to tape Bob Dylan tomorrow  (Read 2741 times)

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Haven't taped in ages, now I want to tape Bob Dylan tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2023, 08:12:55 PM »
Yes, worse! Just my opinion...

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 10:58:33 PM »
JUst chiming in to say he played Truckin' tonight in Schenectady.      ;D
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline Dan33185

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.midwestsoundsrecordings.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 11:21:27 PM »
Dance Me to the End of Love in Montreal, love the tribute to Cohen.
AUD: Zoom H2
SBD: Tascam DR-60D

Make the best out of the equipment you have, something is better than nothing!

Midwest Sounds Recordings
North Country Sounds

Offline kuba e

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2023, 03:52:53 PM »
Grandmeaulne, I am glad that the recording was successful and that you are satisfied with it. If you need any advice regarding editing in Audacity, write, we will be happy to advise what we know.

Rocksuitcase, that's a very nice story of how you and Kindms got tickets to the concert. A Dylan concert is always a great experience for me. I hope you enjoyed it. Wow, Dylan was playing Trucking, that must have been great. I've never heard him play anything of the Grateful Dead.

Dan, I also love what Dylan is doing now. His voice is great to me. I also like his earlier style of singing. In Czechoslovakia, under Soviet occupation, he was also a symbol of freedom. And it was precisely because of his unique voice. That voice is not sweet, not pleasant, it is extremely original. Frank Zappa was another symbol of freedom here, also because he was far from sweet. But it's true that everything is subjective. It took me a long time to start enjoying Frank music.

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 10:15:44 AM »
Frank Zappa was another symbol of freedom here, also because he was far from sweet. But it's true that everything is subjective. It took me a long time to start enjoying Frank music.

I made a pilgrimage to see the Zappa statue in Prague. I have also seen the monument in Vilnius; a copy of that one was gifted to Baltimore (Zappa's birthplace).

Offline kuba e

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 02:14:47 PM »
Thanks Aaronji, I didn't know Frank has a statue in Prague. You're right, Frank was very popular throughout all Eastern Europe. People who lived in totalitarianism understood him very well. I have a nice story. Frank arrived in Prague very soon after the Velvet Revolution. That was a beautiful time. He was asked and agreed with politicians and president that he would act as a Czechoslovakia ambassador in the USA. It looked like everything would work out, but Washington, led by George Bush Sr., refused it.

Frank was very smart. He said at the time that it is great that Eastern Europe had gained freedom, but that it is clear that after a certain period of time new problems would arise that would have to be overcome. That was very wise of him, because many people at that time looked to the future with euphoria. His motivation was to unite the countries and promote cooperation. He meant it very seriously, it was nothing naive or some kind of utopia.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 02:27:37 PM by kuba e »

Offline rocksuitcase

• RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2023, 03:59:13 PM »
Grandmeaulne, I am glad that the recording was successful and that you are satisfied with it. If you need any advice regarding editing in Audacity, write, we will be happy to advise what we know.

Rocksuitcase, that's a very nice story of how you and Kindms got tickets to the concert. A Dylan concert is always a great experience for me. I hope you enjoyed it. Wow, Dylan was playing Trucking, that must have been great. I've never heard him play anything of the Grateful Dead.

Dan, I also love what Dylan is doing now. His voice is great to me. I also like his earlier style of singing. In Czechoslovakia, under Soviet occupation, he was also a symbol of freedom. And it was precisely because of his unique voice. That voice is not sweet, not pleasant, it is extremely original. Frank Zappa was another symbol of freedom here, also because he was far from sweet. But it's true that everything is subjective. It took me a long time to start enjoying Frank music.
Kuba,
I told the story wrong. I was on the phone with kindms, he lives two hours from me, I mentioned I would love to grab a single ticket for Dylan that night in my hometown. He goes online and tells me he sees two available. this was after I had been online all morning to "sold out". Sure enough, it worked, I got the single ticket for face value!

So I did go and enjoyed the evening immensely. This was only my 6th or 7th time seeing Dylan.

The Dylan heads told me Bob is playing three Grateful Dead songs on this tour, Truckin', Althea, and Stella Blue. Schenectady got the Truckin'. I sure was excited by that song which was played at the end of his set. He then played a two song encore. Listening back, it sounds pretty sweet for M10 internals.

Bob Dylan
October 30, 2023
Schenectady, NY
Proctors Theatre

1.    Watching The River Flow
2.    Most Likely You Go Your Way (and I'll Go Mine)
3.    I Contain Multitudes
4.    False Prophet
5.    When I Paint My Masterpiece
6.    Black Rider
7.    My Own Version of You
8.    I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
9.    Crossing The Rubicon
10.    To Be Alone With You
11.    Key West (Philosopher Pirate)
12.    Gotta Serve Somebody
13.    I've Made Up My Mind To Give Myself To You
14.    Truckin'
15.    Mother of Muses
--    Band introductions
16    Goodbye Jimmy Reed
17.    Every Grain of Sand

Bob Dylan - piano
Tony Garnier - electric and standup bass
Jerry Pentecost - drums
Bob Britt - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
Doug Lancio - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline Dan33185

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.midwestsoundsrecordings.com/
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2023, 04:56:07 PM »
In 2023, Dylan has covered 4 Grateful Dead songs: Truckin', Brokedown Palace, West L.A. Fadeaway, Stella Blue, as well as Only a River by Bob Weir.
AUD: Zoom H2
SBD: Tascam DR-60D

Make the best out of the equipment you have, something is better than nothing!

Midwest Sounds Recordings
North Country Sounds

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2023, 10:42:53 AM »
Thanks Aaronji, I didn't know Frank has a statue in Prague. You're right, Frank was very popular throughout all Eastern Europe. People who lived in totalitarianism understood him very well. I have a nice story. Frank arrived in Prague very soon after the Velvet Revolution. That was a beautiful time. He was asked and agreed with politicians and president that he would act as a Czechoslovakia ambassador in the USA. It looked like everything would work out, but Washington, led by George Bush Sr., refused it.

Frank was very smart. He said at the time that it is great that Eastern Europe had gained freedom, but that it is clear that after a certain period of time new problems would arise that would have to be overcome. That was very wise of him, because many people at that time looked to the future with euphoria. His motivation was to unite the countries and promote cooperation. He meant it very seriously, it was nothing naive or some kind of utopia.

Yes, he was a real genius. I love a lot of his music, but it definitely is not for everyone! You should go see the sculpture and pay homage to the man! I have a photo somewhere; I will see if I can find it.

Offline fanofjam

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 07:13:53 PM »

Bob Dylan - piano
Tony Garnier - electric and standup bass
Jerry Pentecost - drums
Bob Britt - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
Doug Lancio - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel

I guess since nobody played Tambourine, he left that song out.

(I know...bad.)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com