Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Isolating Headphone Suggestions  (Read 2007 times)

Offline halpinian

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sound Isolating Headphone Suggestions
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
I have been mixing sound to disc in very loud situations lately, and I'm having trouble hearing the recorded feed over the room noise. I've searched around and found a few different isolation headphones (Direct Sound Extreme Isolation, etc.), but would like to know if anyone has experience with/prefer a particular pair of isolation headphones. Any suggestions of brands or tips I should consider when choosing a pair would be greatly appreciated.
C4 > R4

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sound Isolating Headphone Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »
http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/sealed-and-noise-canceling/

The in-ear kind are probably your best bet.  I own a pair of Beyer Dynamic 770's and like them.  I can't hear a damn thing going on in the room with those cans on. No seepage.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline halpinian

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:56:51 PM »
Great! Thanks for that link. I'm looking for something in the >20dB isolation range for mixing at loud rock shows. I've used the in-ears and they just don't cut it. I'll check out some of the other stuff at this website.
C4 > R4

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:12:02 AM »
ive used the etymotic er-4 for years now and really find them outstanding.

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »
Westone UM-1 or UM-2 earphones.  Can't go wrong with either one, depending on your budget.  Very flat frequency response; they are IEMs, not earphones for only listening to music so what you hear is what is getting transferred to the tape.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com