Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Salk Song Tower  (Read 1686 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Salk Song Tower
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
Yesterday I was able to hear Jim's venture into a new market with a mass produced speaker.  The Song Tower is actually a Dennis Murphy creation.  Dennis said it was going to be something for him to do, but then realized it wouldn't be worth the hassle.  He presented his new transmission line design to Jim and the rest is history.  The speaker is hands down the best looking and sounding $1500 speaker I've heard to date. Gives a very balanced presentation with huge soundstage and great depth.  Highs are detailed and mids are so very transparent.  he bass response isn't quite like the VR-2, but this is no surprise since it only has 2- 5" drivers along with the 1" tweeter.  Jim Salk also has a center and surrounds in design to pull in a new type of customer.  Please note that all of the cabinets and finished product are produced in MI.  If you are looking for new speakers I would put these on the list.  I personally might grab a pair, but would really like the new V3.

SC

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Salk Song Tower
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »
pretty!!

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Re: Salk Song Tower
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »
Looks a lot like a JM Labs (Focal) Daline... Transmission line MTM.  A Joe D'Appolito design... by the man himself if memory serves.

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com