Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Audacity - New Time Stretching Abilities, etc

<< < (3/3)

blakenan:
The approach cited in the post linked above works.  So, while Audacity "speed multiplier" precision on the "Change Speed" dialog is not very precise anymore (just 3 digits), you can make much more precise duration adjustments by changing by changing the units in the "Selection Length" section.  I used "Samples" to stretch a two hour section by just 7300 samples (about 0.25 seconds) by just adding 7300 to the current length with specifying the "new length".  Two sources are aligned within a few samples through out the two hour show.   

morst:
Audacity 2.4.2 has the ability to do precise speed change down to the sample, using the Speed Change plugin. I use it regularly.

https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html

Remember, versions of audacity 3.0 and after have some function where they contact an external server for some reason.

edit: I see where the problem is, ya got to set the NEW LENGTH mode to SAMPLES using that little downward pointing triangle where audacity loves to hide its super important features in a very much non-mac-like interface

breakonthru:
good find

--- Quote from: morst on December 11, 2023, 03:26:10 PM ---Audacity 2.4.2 has the ability to do precise speed change down to the sample, using the Speed Change plugin. I use it regularly.

https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html

Remember, versions of audacity 3.0 and after have some function where they contact an external server for some reason.

edit: I see where the problem is, ya got to set the NEW LENGTH mode to SAMPLES using that little downward pointing triangle where audacity loves to hide its super important features in a very much non-mac-like interface

--- End quote ---

capnhook:
Thanks morst  :coolguy:

I don't do the sample method

I calculate percent change and enter a long decimal in the box, and found that the next version above V2.1.0 truncated and rounded my 16 digits to about 4 places

Can anyone test Audacity 2.4.2 (or other versions above V2.1.0) with the time method, instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version