Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help! *pulls hair out*  (Read 2634 times)

Offline PotatoGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Slacker.
help! *pulls hair out*
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:30:02 PM »
hello. first off I am a n00b. I have read some of the current threads and there are some answers there but it's hard to keep track and i'm starting to go nuts. i apoligise for making another thread. I need help with video editing and sound. I have a mountain of tapes that need to get transfered but i can't even get past the first one!

I taped a band with one cam (cannon XL1) and had a soundboard feed (laptop>acid 4.0). I am now tring to make a dvd.
I am using adobe premiere. I'm not very good with it. I know final cut much better, i dont have a mac so i have to work with what i have. I dumped the tape into raw video (with firewire) and imported the WAV of the soundboard. here is when it gets fun. I edited down the video for what i need. (for those of you who know premirere how do i do fade ins and outs?) I chopped up the sbd audio so it starts to be in sync. around 20 mins in it gets off sync. I think i need to do a speed correction somehow but i dont know how and i don't know what to do and i'm about to kill something. it seems like the sbd is slower or something. right now i cant tell because i'm about to toss my monitor out the window. I have thought about doing a 5.1 mix using acid for the dvd but right now i'm just tring to test out this video junk and get it to dvd so i can get a handle on what to do. If anyone wants to know the band i taped, it was the hard lessons. they are from detroit. If anyone needs more info on what i did just says so and i'll try and describe more. Thanks in advance for any help you guys.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: help! *pulls hair out*
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 12:17:56 AM »
it sounds like you're trying to play with the sbd source in premiere.  it's easier replacing the audio using an audio editer like cool edit because iirc audio proggys like cool edit have a finer precision than premiere which works on frames.

basically after doing all your edits export the audio from premiere (the camera audio).  then open it up in cooledit or audition with the alternate audio via multitrack.  sync them up right and then remove the camera audio leaving you with the sbd audio.

fading in/out:
http://icie.cs.byu.edu/cs100/Labs/Video%20Editing%20Tutorial/Premiere%20Tutorial.htm#SuperimposeClip
go to the section on "changing clip opacity"

if you can't sync them up i got a cure for that too.

Offline PotatoGuy

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Slacker.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 12:15:26 PM »
Is cool edit a free program? Also when i tried to capture just audio with premiere it asked for another program for me to use. none of mine can capture with firewire. I tried with acid and soundfordge. they didnt work. any suggestions? is it possible to pull the audio out of the raw AVI and into WAV somehow? When i get home i'll start trying some of this. I apreciate the help firmdragon. Do you use MSN or aim that i might contact you later for help if needed?

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 06:27:38 PM »
sorry duders no chat proggys.

what i meant was capturing the movie (AVI) using premiere and then pulling out the WAV.  later for the dvd you'll be workign with a mpeg2 video and WAV.  (if your dvd authoring program needs 1 stream and can't handle seperate audio and video streams you'll need to multiplex them later)
yeah.  pulling out the WAV out of the AVI is trivial using premiere.  it's just a matter of file->export timeline->audio

cool edit isn't free.  i'm sure there are other programs which will do the job if they can handle multitracking.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com