Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio Reality Mics  (Read 3351 times)

backwhereubelong

• Trade Count: (0)
Audio Reality Mics
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
Has anyone here had any experience using these mics?  The price looks nice ... I didn't see any specs on the websit (I could have overlooked
them).  Any thoughts?

http://www.audioreality.com/

Offline fandelive

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Audio Reality Mics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:58:58 AM »
You'll find a whole bunch of recordings made with audioreality mics here : http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-browse.php?search=Audioreality&cat=0&incldead=1&searchscope=

Those caps look like very cheap Panasonics. Started with mics like that years ago (from Giant Squid Audio Labs) and got brickwalled recordings. For budget 007 recordings, I'd opt for ATs (Soundprofessionals) or Church Audio's. Don't start with cheaper than that.
Get low sensivity or 4.7k modded caps if you want to record loud music. Otherwise, you'll get distorted results.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:03:06 AM by fandelive »
Mics : Sony ECM-717, MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod), SP-CMC-4 (at853), 2x DPA4060, 2x DPA4061
Battery box : SP-SPSB-6524 w/bass roll-off filter, MM-CBM-1
Preamp : Church Audio CA-9100
Recorders : Sony MZR-700PC, Edirol R-09HR, Tascam DR-2d

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:27:12 PM »
I got a set of Audio Reality mics back in 2007 and was pretty happy with the results that I got.

Most of my recording situations were in small rooms where I was able to be located directly in front of the stacks. There are a bunch of these recordings up at LMA. You can also find some more "larger venue" samples at sugarmegs.org. The sample of the 2008 Jack Johnson show at the Waikiki Shell up at his website is one of my recordings with no post processing.

I found that in my personal situation, I usually had to boost the left channel in post by about 2db to balance things out. The recordings also benefited from a bit of eq at times.

John Ramsey is the guy who makes these mics and he is always willing to hear input. A few years ago he told me that he was going to make some modifications to his build based on comments he was getting from various tapers. As a result, I don't know if the current version of these mics would yield the same results.

ilduclo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »
new recording at dime with a sample of these

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=657647

ilduclo

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.246 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com