Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

32 Bit Float files... How do you archive them?

(1/5) > >>

justink:
I've got my 32bit float/48khz files.  I want to export them out of Audacity and ultimately flac them in xACT.  To keep the 32bit float files intact in case I want to use them down the road.  Is that possible? 

Or do I need to get them down to 24bit/48khz first?

And if that's the case, what's the best way to go about doing that?

This 32bit is a whole new world to me and xACT seems to be choking on them when I put them in the encode tab.

jerryfreak:
w64 is the only way i know to save large polywavs like when you stitch all the short 2gb segments back to full sets. a 6ch 24/96 can be over 10gb per set, but the 64bit file doesn’t even blink. i’ve been using .w64 since the early days of laptop taping where the recorded file size exceeded the 32-bit wav files limit.

note that when i say 32 bit and 64 bit in that context it’s not audio bit depth, but maximum file size based on 2^32 and 2^64 (iirc...)

morst:

--- Quote from: justink on September 18, 2020, 01:23:03 AM ---I've got my 32bit float/48khz files.  I want to export them out of Audacity and ultimately flac them in xACT.  To keep the 32bit float files intact in case I want to use them down the road.  Is that possible? 
This 32bit is a whole new world to me and xACT seems to be choking on them when I put them in the encode tab.

--- End quote ---
xACT doesn't work to FLAC encode 32 bit files.

If I get stuck with one, I just archive it as a WAV.

voltronic:
I use Foobar2000 to convert my 32fp/48k WAVs to FLAC.  Never an issue.

EmRR:

--- Quote from: voltronic on September 18, 2020, 06:11:10 AM ---I use Foobar2000 to convert my 32fp/48k WAVs to FLAC.  Never an issue.

--- End quote ---

Does that convert back to a 32fp WAV?  I guess it must? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version