Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: irritation is...  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
irritation is...
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:40:22 AM »
coming into your listening room and seeing that your drunk friend is moving your speakers all about the room ::)

no dude, it doesn't sound better when they are toed in so far that they cross each other 2 feet in front of the amp/speaker line and they're spaced 12 feet apart (and the listening position is about 8.5').

I just set them back up and was told "dude, that's not right - doesn't sound good at all."

-T to him
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:42:58 AM by Tim »
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: irritation is...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:47:40 AM »
when your friend sobers up, send him to http://www.ramsete.com/ to find out why he was wrong in moving your speakers, besides it just being impolite and wrong to mess with other folk's stuff
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:53:28 AM by flipp »

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 03:12:15 AM »
oh he's way past that. He's had a little experience funding and building a studio (not audio design mind you) and so he's convinced that my 2 way B&Ws will sound best in a corner at 45* angles, my sub turned backwards and firing into the wall with tweeters hung in the back corners (behind the listening position) firing down and "slamming into the other speakers" to create "a line array" affect.

someone taught him lots of words but no definitions :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
How about this one? 

There used to be this band up here in Canada called Nero and they used to play in my town every now and again and we had some really fun parties afterward. 

Typically some would still be partying in the morning though that never generally included myself.  The lady and I woke up one morning at around 9am or so to the sound of broken glass.  I jumped up and ran downstairs to see what was going on and found this guy in my living room with his dick in his hand ready to piss all over the side of one of my Mission 783's.  Gave him a smack and asked him WTF?  Fortunately, he only had a chance to barely dribble on them.  No idea what he was thinking but clearly the "real" world did not exist to this guy at the time.  Then, he proceeded to piss his pants and out the door he went. 

Now that was irritating.  Needless to say when I sold my Missions the incident was not mentioned...

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »
speakers are back in place, carpet marks showed me the way and my tape measure fixed the rest. Capitol reissue of The Band sounding very nice presently

at least no one tried to pee on anything ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com