Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PCM-D50 16GB memory card?  (Read 3020 times)

Offline aleatoric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
PCM-D50 16GB memory card?
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
I am still awaiting the arrival of my PCM-D50 but I am currently geeking out looking at accessories and stuff online.  Eventually I know I will want to expand the built in 4GB memory.  On the Sony site it states "And the Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo Slot provides up to 4GB memory expandability."

However I am noticing the Sony has 16GB memory cards.  Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013AX2HO/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=2431129045&ref=pd_sl_6y874o4abv_b

The one thing I noticed is that it does not say HG so maybe it is not compatible.  However I just thought I would post and double check.  Is the 4GB card the largest that will work with the PCM-D50 or will the 16GB cards work as well.  Thanks! 

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: PCM-D50 16GB memory card?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
There's what Sony says is compatible, and then there are reports from the field. Several people have successfully tried using Sony's slower memory cards in the D50.  I think it's safe to use the Sony Memory Stick Duo cards labeled "Mark 2."  These are designed for use in Sony's high definition video cameras.  The D50's firmware will complain about cards with capacity bigger than 4GB, but they will work.

Flintstone

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PCM-D50 16GB memory card?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »
I had just talked to a Sony rep about this last week and he said that it will not accept over 4GB that is the limit.  If real world experiences are telling you different then it might be possible.   I think I know more about the deck than him.  It really seem he was reciting back literature.   

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com