Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Blumlein  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Blumlein
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 01:40:17 PM »
If the TSA is really on the ball (doubtful), I'm guessing you'd need documentation from either the specific retailer or manufacturer of the SLA battery system.

Hearsay once told me Ecocharge uses Panasonic batteries.  I don't know if this is true or not.

I've posted the appropriate documentation in the Archival section for the following battery manufacturers/retailers:

Panasonic
Powersonic
Ecocharge

If anyone has transportation documentation on other batteries/manufacturers, please send it my way.  Thanks.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 02:19:22 PM »
Honestly how this ended up under blumlein is exactly why I love taperssection but I pulled this from the airlines I am flying and have checked on two other airlines.

"Carry-on baggage is limited to one piece per customer, plus a personal item such as a purse, briefcase, laptop, small backpack, diaper bag or camera case. The personal item cannot exceed total overall dimensions of 36 inches, and the other item of baggage cannot exceed the following maximum dimensions:

Valet Closet--4x23 1/2x45
Overhead Stowage--10x16x24
Underseat Stowage--8x16x21
Both items cannot exceed a total combined weight of 40 pounds. Carry-on baggage allowance may be restricted due to lack of space."

So one bag is a rakgear bag, which at one time was stuffed full, but now I'm carrying two, I mean the other will be a purse. I am traveling with u89>big ass cable I can't place the name to>oade m148>mini me>d10 pro II and 150>v3, which means two 6vs and 1 12v. This stuff does all fit in the rack gear bag but I created atleast two more people by doing so, this bag is marvelous. So thus the second bag to reduce the actual size of the rackgear. Here's to it no weighing over 40 lbs.

T
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Jason B

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 02:42:24 PM »
I *really* love my RakGear bag. I used to keep my X-Streams in the very bottom of the bag underneath the internal shelving, but now that I have Zaolla's, they are way too fucking thick to fit down there. Big bummer for me! I had everything mapped out and distributed perfectly in this bag, now these Zaolla's won't fit! I now have to roll them up nicely and put them around the V2 on the top shelf.

I should have copywritten running gear in the RakGear bags! I was the OG of running gear in them!

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 02:44:53 PM »
yeah zaolla's thats what I got
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Tim

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 02:53:51 PM »
those cables caused more funny looks than the u89s. them are some big and heavy mic cables...

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2003, 07:43:24 AM »
not sure if its been covered, but someone posted that blumlein was more like MS "+" w/a rear lobe vs. XY "X"

that is not correct.
it is setup XY, crossed at 90deg just like you woule w/a pair of cards, only its a pair of figure of eights.
the resulting coverage looks like an X, not a +.

Tim

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2003, 01:22:53 PM »
thanks Nick.. yeah I wasn't sure and so I was wondering how to visualize it. I have been corrected.. now I just want to try it out!

Jason B

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2003, 01:38:59 PM »
What are you thinking of running Blumlein for Tim?

Tim

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2003, 08:49:51 PM »
nothing really yet.. .maybe some on-stage stuff.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.123 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com