Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 4 Channel Wav File Issue - Nuendo Help  (Read 1673 times)

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
4 Channel Wav File Issue - Nuendo Help
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
I've got a couple B Format 4 channel files I'm trying to decode to stereo in Nuendo.  When I play the file in Nuendo the levels on the right channel are probably about -10db relative to the left.  Everything with the individual wavs looks fine, can't figure out why it's doing this.  When I play the same B Format file in Foobar it outputs comparable levels between channels.  Any thoughts at what could be the cause here?
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 4 Channel Wav File Issue - Nuendo Help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
I've got a couple B Format 4 channel files I'm trying to decode to stereo in Nuendo.  When I play the file in Nuendo the levels on the right channel are probably about -10db relative to the left.  Everything with the individual wavs looks fine, can't figure out why it's doing this.  When I play the same B Format file in Foobar it outputs comparable levels between channels.  Any thoughts at what could be the cause here?

Audacity (open source editor, available on Windows, Linux, and maybe Mac?) will read multiple channel files.  I've just read one of these from an Edirol R4.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:25:05 AM »

Audacity (open source editor, available on Windows, Linux, and maybe Mac?) will read multiple channel files.  I've just read one of these from an Edirol R4.

Richard

Opening the files isn;t the issue, the issue is when I play the 4 channel file in Nuendo the levels on the right channel are significantly lower than on the left, but all 4 channels have comparable levels when viewing the wav file.  Not sure why....it plays balanced when I play in Foobar.  Very odd, and the third recording I have like this.

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
I've got my answer...direct from Soundfield.

When recording make sure that the gains for all four B-Format channels stay the same at all times… varying the gain of any of the B-Format signals individually will destroy the spatial image. If your recorder allows it is best to link the four B-Format gains or to set them to a fixed line level input. Depending on the recording situation it is normal to see level differences – it is those level differences that allow the software to create beautiful stereo or surround results.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com