Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 3.5" media center box?  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Liquid Meat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
3.5" media center box?
« on: April 30, 2004, 09:28:36 AM »
Anyone ever try this thing out or know anything about it? I am wondring if this could be used to connect to the Zoltrix card in leiu if the daughtercard?

Looks like it has Toslink and spdif in. might be interesting.

http://www.ultraproducts.com/categories/MediaDrives/U108200.shtml
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 09:39:20 AM by Liquid Meat »

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
Re:3.5" media center box?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 11:27:43 AM »
looks like it's just an extension cable, really..

Offline Liquid Meat

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 11:32:18 AM »
Well yes and no. I found this
http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/Rebates/PDFs/ultradash-3.5-manual.pdf

I am wondering if the spdif will plug into the zoltrix card rather than the MB and eliminate the zoltrix optical card and not make you have to hack to get spdif.

The other stuff does just seem like moving the ports to the front of hte case from the back.

radioboy1977

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 11:34:16 AM »
i have something very similar to that product, except mine doesn't have the spidf jacks.  it looks to me like it works basically the same as mine.  there's no way to connect it directly to the motherboard.  instead, you have to run the extension cables through the case, then out of the back of the case and into the firewire/usb/spidf jacks on your motherboard/soundcard.  i'll try to snap some pics later.

radioboy1977

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 11:35:35 AM »

I am wondering if the spdif will plug into the zoltrix card rather than the MB and eliminate the zoltrix optical card and not make you have to hack to get spdif.

does the zoltrix card have an rca or optical spidf out?

Offline Liquid Meat

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 11:45:31 AM »

does the zoltrix card have an rca or optical spidf out?

Yes (optical) but this thing is made to connect to the spdif on the mother board. The others (USB, firewire etc) all connect on the back like you box. Could someone look at the second link I put up and see if that is really what I am seeing? I will look when I get home tonite and see if the zoltrix card will take it. I think it might, but I am at work.

radioboy1977

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 11:50:21 AM »
i'm seeing the same thing you're seeing.  i guess it's just a matter of finding out whether or not you can connect the spidf to your sound card.

Offline Liquid Meat

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 11:55:31 AM »
i'm seeing the same thing you're seeing.  i guess it's just a matter of finding out whether or not you can connect the spidf to your sound card.

Ok thanks! I have been up too many hours in a row studying for prelims so I am not sure of everything I see. +T for the check and input

Offline Liquid Meat

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 01:30:09 PM »

Ok thanks! I have been up too many hours in a row studying for prelims so I am not sure of everything I see. +T for the check and input

Looks like this has the same connection as the Zoltrix card. I went hoem at lunch since it was bugging me. I think I am going order one and see how it works. Seems like this might be a good way to get the spdif for the zoltrix.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com