Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

portable table?

(1/3) > >>

lastnightsverse:
New taper here, been heading into a jazz club for a residency, they have a bunch of folding tables & I'm friendly with the engineer so I haven't had to worry about it. I want a small folding table that I can keep in my car and easily pop up during soundcheck, just big enough for my Macbook and my 4channel interface, not much bigger, so I don't have to take up much room. anyone have suggestions on this? thanks!

morst:

--- Quote from: lastnightsverse on December 18, 2021, 12:36:55 AM ---New taper here, been heading into a jazz club for a residency, they have a bunch of folding tables & I'm friendly with the engineer so I haven't had to worry about it. I want a small folding table that I can keep in my car and easily pop up during soundcheck, just big enough for my Macbook and my 4channel interface, not much bigger, so I don't have to take up much room. anyone have suggestions on this? thanks!

--- End quote ---
How about a "TV Tray"?
T@rget has these for $12 right now

capnhook:
Gaff tape it underneath where the legs slide into the bottom of the table, so if it gets bumped it won't collapse.

It happens..

audBall:
You might look into some of the camping accessory options. There are a number of small tables that easily breakdown for transport.

As an example, it looks like pretty much everything on Byer's site is on sale right now (link to the large table below). I've been real happy with by Byer EasyCot and have almost pulled the trigger on some of their table options. I'm currently eyeing the TriLite stool on sale for $20. This would be nice to have for taping occasions where seating doesn't exist and you need to rest the legs for a minute or two.

https://byerofmaine.com/collections/pangean-collection/products/pangean-folding-table-large?variant=32455448985739

billydee:
I swear by this 18" LL Bean table, super portable, takes seconds to assemble, and sturdy.
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73701?page=18-inch-base-camp-side-table

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version