Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

UA5 > laptop > wavlab 4.0g help

(1/5) > >>

wrangler_n_space:
I am trying to go laptop right now and dont know what the fuck i have done wrong. I am going  usb out of my dmod UA5 and i can not get the thing to playback anything or pickup anything with my mics hooked up. I know the drivers and wavlab are installed right, any ideas. Settings maybe?

herrmann2burn:
I run my UA-5 to Sound Forge.
Make Sure you have the Bit, and Sample Rate matching.  If not, you will have to close out the Program, and also power off the UA-5, and change the setting on the UA-5.  Make sure all of the Settings(Digi/Analog input, Sample Rate, ect) on the UA-5 are correct, because you cannot change them while the UA-5 is on, you have to have it off, for the changes to take affect.
Make sure you turn on the UA-5 BEFORE you open up the Computer Program.
Make sure you have the correct input selected(UA-5) in your PC Program.
Like i said, i never recorde dwith CD WAve, only SF, but im not sure if CDWAve accepts 24 bit.

Wes:
I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but what exactly does the digi-mod do?  Does it not bypass the circuitry that allows the ua5 to hook up to the computer?

wrangler_n_space:
I posted it wrong its wavlab 4.0g

herrmann2burn:

--- Quote from: jbandtheboys on July 24, 2003, 12:29:46 PM ---I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but what exactly does the digi-mod do?  Does it not bypass the circuitry that allows the ua5 to hook up to the computer?

--- End quote ---

No, you can always use the USB.  The Digi Mod, allows you to use the Optical/Coaxial outs withOUT  being connected to a PC.
So you dont have to run the USB, if you wanted to just run Opti/Coax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version