Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Aerco MP-2 preamp - Part 2  (Read 149295 times)

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Aerco MP-2 preamp - Part 2
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2023, 10:33:03 PM »

This one had some problems with the internal batteries when I first got it but it ran like a champ on the external power input (which I found out from Jerry is wired around the power switch). I replaced the internal batteries myself the first time but pulled a tiny wire out while doing it. He moved a couple of things around while he was under the hood but it seems to have happened again.

Mine has all the components encased in epoxy. Hopefully I can fix what's wrong with it by figuring out how to get the boards out to get to the power section and see if there's a broken solder connection and loose wire down there. If not, I know someone in town who may be able to take a look at it for me. He fixed my SD 442 for less than half of what SD was asking just to bench it. His main gig is vintage hifi audio - power amps, classic receivers, tape decks, etc.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com