Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

vaio picturebook field powering?

(1/3) > >>

caymanreview:
im looking into some different options for powering my new (to me) picturebook in the field

i dont have it in my hands yet, so i dont have the voltage specs on the back, what voltage does this sucker run in?

i was looking at these "universal" packs from batteryspace.com, i know a few guys here are running them (joew ???)

does anyone have any idea what the current draw of the picturebook would be when recording? or any idea of runtime on these 4000mah packs:
http://www.batteryspace.com/product.asp?0=238&1=287&3=172

they definantly look like the cheaper option for now, then down the road a month or two i can pick up a n charge or electrovaya pack to make life easier

while im on the subject, does anyone know which model electrovaya pack will work with the picturebook? thier site just has sony > vaio and has it down for model D, does it have to be D? almost all the packs used on ebay are model A...

Thanks for any help
Dustin

caymanreview:
and i found that the voltage requirement for the picturebook is 11.1v correct?

also, can the universal laptop batterys at batteryspace.com be used in conjunction with the regular battery?

caymanreview:
another added question. using a 12v sla to power this, how coudl that be done? anyone here doing it or know someone who does?

rustoleum:
Not sure about the draw and can't check as I'm at work, but I use the Sony Quad Capacity battery to power mine.  It's a 9600 mah battery and I can get around 7 hours or so when recording and even more when just screwing around on the internet, etc.  I think I paid around 220 for it, so not a bad deal at all especially since it will help retain the size of the laptop rather than adding an extra piece of gear to haul around.

Rusty

caymanreview:
yeah, the sla would be nice, because i can get a ec-90 that is 12v and 6v combo, and run the mme off the 6v,a dn the picturebook off the 12v if possible

is there anywhere to pick up the quad capacity batteries new online? i can onyl find the regular batteries

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version