Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Marantz PMD-706 Six Channel Recorder?

<< < (2/71) > >>

yug du nord:
^Denon

willndmb:
I'm interested to see more on this. I don't really need it (XLR) but it could be great and compete with the 70d.

On a crazy side note, it will be interesting to me to see the XLR setup. If in pictures it seems like the layout is "backward"

You see 3,2,1    4,5,6
If 3,2,1 is one side, I would think the other side would go 6,5,4 and if it is the back then you would assume they would go in order.
It just seems that the way the image is set up that 3 and 4 are not "together" the way you would think

drewloo:
To me it looks like the inputs are on the sides.  The picture on the right is actually the left side and the picture on the left is actually the right side.  The face of the unit is cut off on each picture.

So attached to a tripod it would go (looking strait down):

face
4           1
5           2
6           3
   back

goodcooker:
Inputs 1-3 are marked L
Inputs 4-6 are marked R

So stereo pairs would be 1&4, 2&5 and 3&6. Weird.

I've had 2 Marantz recorders - a PMD670 and a PMD620. I liked them both. Great metering and rock solid. Never let me down.

I'm real interested in this deck. I'm seriously considering a Zoom F8 since the pres sound good and it had the wireless control surface but if the pres on this deck sound good and it's not crazy expensive I may give it a go once we get a look at the rest of it.

The pres on the 670 were total junk but once I got it modded by Busman it sounded incredible. The stock pres on this thing may be just fine - surface mount technology has come a long way. Someone will have to be the guinea pig though.

nolamule:
Any release info?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version